Tomato Hybrid Platinum 701 F1 Seeds (East-West Seeds) – 10g
The Platinum 701 F1 Hybrid Tomato seed which is also a determinate variety, is most suitable for cultivation in tropical low land such as Nigeria. It displays strong vigor and wide adaptability to different growing conditions. Its fruits are oval in shape, medium-sized, and firm.
It also has an excellent disease resistance package and heat set are the reasons why this hybrid has become very popular. Excellent performance in tropical lowland, rainy season due to good fruit cracking tolerance.
- Maturity: 60-70 days.
Plant Vigor: Strong.
Good heat set.
- Good cracking tolerance.
- Seed Type: F1 Hybrid.
- Brand: East-West Seed International.
- Package Size: 10 g.
- Physical Purity:98%.
- Genetic Purity:90%.
The Platinum 701 F1 Tomato hybrid seed from East-West Seeds International which is a determinate variety, is one of the most suitable for cultivation in tropical low land such as Nigeria. It displays strong vigor and wide adaptability to different growing conditions. Fruits are firm and take an oval shape.
The Platinum 701 F1 Hybrid Tomato Seeds variety thrives in tropical growing conditions, with resistances in tropical diseases like bacterial wilt, tomato mosaic virus, and yellow leaf curl virus, and with excellent fruit quality.
Characteristics of Platinum F1 Tomato Seed
- Platinum F1 tomato variety has high vigor and can withstand a lot of stress during the growing season i.e. It is a very rugged tomato variety.
- It has a rapid growth habit. The first harvest from this variety can be as early as 60-70 days.
- The tomato fruit from this variety is medium in size and well accepted in the Nigerian market.
- Platinum F1 tomato variety can set good fruits in very hot conditions.
- This variety is tolerant and resistant to various diseases including tomato yellow leaf curl viral disease and other viral diseases prevalent in the dry season and the bacterial wilt, a disease that is prevalent in Nigeria especially the southern part of the country.
- Platinum F1 can grow well in humid conditions as well, thereby suitable for cultivation in southern Nigeria where farmers dread to grow tomatoes.
- This tomato variety has oval shape fruit.
Advantages of planting Platinum F1 Tomato Seeds
- Platinum F1 is a high yielding tomato fruit. It is possible to get a yield of up to 25 tonnes per acre.
- Platinum F1 tomato is well accepted in the market at all seasons.
- It can be grown in all states in Nigeria and other tropical regions.
- This variety performs well in all seasons, both the rainy season and dry season.
- It has good resistance to pests and diseases like bacterial wilt and viral diseases.
The only precaution is to provide enough nutrients, because of its hybrid nature.
Platinum F1 tomato seed, because of its hybrid nature requires a lot of water and nutrients. We strongly advise that a drip irrigation system is put in place before you start cultivating this variety in order for you to have a great yield.
With drip irrigation, you can use water efficiently and also apply fertilizers, nematicides, and other pesticides efficiently.