Agricultural pH Meter. Soil pH can influence how well your crops grow. The balance of acid-forming nutrients and alkaline-forming nutrients can influence root development, microbial activity, fungi, symbiotic nitrogen fixation by legumes, and the availability of nutrients. Our meters enable you to monitor pH levels to ensure an ideal pH is maintained.
Other uses of a pH meter in agriculture include:
- Measuring plant leaf sap pH
- Measuring foliar and hydroponic fertilizers
- Measuring the pH of rain and irrigation water
- Testing the pH of crop juices
Operations and How to Use the Agricultural pH Meter
- Remove the protective gap.
- First, clean the electrode with distilled water and suck it with filter paper.
- Turn on the pH meter with the “ON-OFF” switch, located at the top of the battery case.
- Immerse the pH meter electrode in solution up till the immersion level. Under no circumstances immerse above the display level.
- Stir gently and wait for the reading to stabilize.
- After use, switch it off.
- Use distilled water to clean the electrode and replace the protective cap.
How to Calibrate the Agricultural pH Meter
- Immerse the electrode in pH 6.86 (under the temperature of 25 degrees) standard buffer solution of phosphate, and gently shake the electrode.
- Regulate the trimmer with a screwdriver until the buffer solution value corresponding to the measurement temperature is obtained.
- Use the distilled water to clean the electrode.
- Immerse the electrode in pH4.01 of pH9.18 the standard buffer solution of borax.
- After about one minute, the buffer solution value corresponding to the measurement temperature is obtained.
How to Install and Replace the Battery
- If the display of the meter fades, to replace all of the batteries, pull out the battery case and replace the batteries.
- Pay attention to the polarity of the battery.
Precautions on the Agricultural pH Meter:
This instrument’s pH range must be re-calibrated whenever the electrode has been used (laid) for a long time from the last calibration.
Here are some of the specific benefits of using an agricultural pH meter:
- Improved crop yields: By maintaining the ideal soil pH, farmers can improve the nutrient uptake of their crops and increase yields.
- Reduced fertilizer costs: When the soil pH is balanced, plants are able to absorb nutrients more efficiently, which means that farmers can use less fertilizer.
- Improved crop quality: Crops grown in soil with the ideal pH are more likely to be healthy and vigorous, which can lead to improved crop quality.
- Reduced risk of pests and diseases: Pests and diseases are more likely to attack stressed plants, so maintaining the ideal soil pH can help reduce the risk of crop losses.
Agricultural pH meter is an essential tool for farmers and agricultural professionals who want to improve their crop yields and produce high-quality crops.
In addition to the above benefits, agricultural pH meters can also be used to:
- Monitor the pH of irrigation water to ensure that it is safe for plants.
- Test the pH of hydroponic solutions to ensure that they are providing the optimal conditions for plant growth.
- Test the pH of the compost to ensure that it is ready to be applied to the soil.
Agricultural pH meters are relatively inexpensive and easy to use, making them a valuable tool for farmers of all sizes.
Click on this pH meter, to see another type you’ll love.
Searching for these?
– Best agricultural pH meter
– Agricultural pH meter price in Nigeria
– Where to buy Agricultural pH meter
– How to use an agricultural pH meter