Atraforce Systemic Selective Herbicide (WP and SC)
Atraforce Herbicide is a Triazine compound, which is a systemic agrochemical used as pre-and early-post emergence herbicide for the selective control of annual weeds in maize production and other crops like maize, yam, sorghum, pineapple, and sugarcane. It is the most commonly used s-triazine herbicide in agriculture. It is rapidly absorbed by plant roots and, to a lesser extent, by plant shoots.
Atraforce is one of the most widely used herbicides in the world. Farmers and gardeners use atrazine (which is the active ingredient of Atraforce) to prevent broadleaf weeds from growing amongst target crops before they emerge from the ground and to kill weeds that have emerged. Atraforce is cheap and, because it’s a pre-emergence attribute, it prevents weeds from competing with crops from the beginning of the growing season. It’s estimated that atrazine can increase crop yields by up to 6%. Atraforce has also been used in conservation tillage systems to control weeds and reduce soil erosion.
The Atraforce herbicide is available both in wettable powder and liquid form with the same active ingredient of Atrazine 80 % WP but 50 % SC (Soluble liquid) for the liquid form.
Atraforce herbicide is Atrazine 50 % SC from the Triazine family.
Mode of Action
- Atraforce is a selective and systemic herbicide.
- Atraforce is used as a pre and early post-emergence herbicide for maize, sorghum, sugarcane, yam and pineapple.
Application of Atraforce Herbicide
- Mix the required quantity of Atraforce with clean water to form a smooth paste.
- Pour the paste into the spray tank through a sieve.
- Add water and keep the mixture in continuous suspension by means of agitation.
- In general, use 100-200 liters of water per hectare.
Dosage Rate Per hectare (litre or kg)
- Pineapple: 2.00-7.50
- Maize: 2.50-3.57
- Sorghum: 2.50-3.57
- Sugarcane: 2.50-5.00
- Yam: 1.50-3.00
Dosage Rate Per 15 L Knapsack Sprayer
- For Liquid Atraforce: 150ml per sprayer.
- For Powder Atraforce: 100g per sprayer.
- Wear suitable protective gloves and face protection when handling.
- When using this agrochemical, do not drink or smoke.
- Do not apply where the root of non-target plants can absorb the chemical.
- Avoid contaminating water supplies.
- Wash powder from the skin and eyes immediately.
- Keep away from food, drinks, and animal feedstuff.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store in a suitable dry place.
- Do not store near food and foodstuff.
- Do not re-use empty sacks.
- Harmful if it comes in contact with the skin or swallowed.
Per Sachet, Per Bottle