Day-One Herbicide (Paraquat Dichloride)
Paraquat is a systemic, non-selective contact herbicide that controls a wide range of annual grasses, broadleaf weeds and it is also highly effective in the long-term control of perennial grasses. It is fast-acting and leaves no biologically active residues in the soil, thus permitting immediate planting or sowing after spraying is done. It also has the potential for total weed control in agriculture. Paraquat effectively controls broadleaf weeds and grasses in fruit orchards and ornamental trees and shrubs in agriculture and forestry.
Mode of Action
Paraquat is absorbed by plant foliage where it is translocation in the xylem thereby, disrupts the process of photosynthesis.
- Paraquat dichloride 27.6% / Soluble Liquid (276g per litre)
Type of weed Used On
Broadleaf weeds, annual grasses, and sedges.
Direction for Use and Application
- Apply as 160ml in 16 liters
- 200 – 300L of water per hectare.
- For aerial spraying, apply 50 liters of water per hectare.
- Half fill the spray tank with water before adding the required amount of Paraquat
- Then completely fill the tank to the required capacity.
- Apply using a knapsack or boom sprayer
- Not to be sprayed in windy conditions
- Follow label instructions.
- Use the required personal protective equipment specified on the product label.
- Paraquat should be administered by professional applicators.
Crops: cotton, maize, Citrus fruits and sugarcane.
Benefits of Day-One Herbicide Paraquat Dichloride
- Highest levels of long-term weed control.
- Greater consistency in a wider range of weather conditions.
- Less packaging, handling, and waste than other herbicide formulations.
- Symptoms develop more quickly allowing cultivation intervals to be reduced.
Per Bottle, Per Carton