Fix-it GA Insecticide – 100g
Fixit-GA is a broad-spectrum biological insecticide and a sustainable biopesticide for the control of insect damages.
Active Ingredient: Beauvaria bassiana 1.15% WP
It is an entomopathogenic fungus that has recorded significant control of insects by germinating and penetrating into their cuticles and finally killing them.
Target Crops: Thrips, Bolt worms, Borers and Lipedopterous caterpillars including Helicoverpa, Spodoptera, and hairy caterpillars.
Mode of Application: Foliar Spray
It can be applied on plants as an emulsion or a wettable powder.
Mode of Action: Contact
When the microscopic spores of the fungus come into contact with the body of an insect host, they germinate, penetrate the cuticle, and grow inside, killing the insect within a matter of days.
Benefit of Fix-it GA Insecticide
- Fix-it GA Insecticide are labelled for used in managing a wide array of insects in greenhouses and in nurseries.
- It also kill some biocontrol agents like ladybird beetles if they become exposed to it.
- Insecticide is considered by many entomologists as one of the more effective biocontrol agents to deploy as a plug or cutting dip.
- This insecticide can be very virulent when applied in optimal conditions, using the right mixing and application techniques.
- Even if Fix-it GA active ingredient is natural, the same safety rules apply. During the entire process, from pre-mixing to spraying, it is important to wear safety wears.
- It should be used as prevention rather than a cure.The best practice is to start foliar applications at the beginning of the season, when you receive the plants, or on cuttings before pests first appear.
- Product should be apply in the late afternoon or evening because the active ingredient are very sensitive to UV rays. You can also do foliar application on cloudy or rainy days.
- Spores are hydrophobic and can therefore be difficult to mix with water. An improper premix will leave excess residue on the leaves and fruits and uneven concentrations of conidia in your solution.
- It is very important to premix in a hermetically sealed container, like a blender or industrial paint mixer. Never pre-mix in a pail or bucket using a stick or whisk. This will add too much air to the water and the solution will not mix properly
- Apply the solution as soon as possible. Do not keep the solution to apply the next day.
- Apply where you see pests.