DPRO insecticide, from Biostadt, is a non-systemic insecticide which penetrates leaf tissues by translaminar movement.
The insecticide whose active ingredient is Emamectin Benzoate 5.7WG, is a highly potent new generation insecticide for use on Lepidopteran pest which are considered the most damaging insects next to sucking pests in high value edible crops such as cotton, vegetables and fruits.
DPRO insecticide stops Lepidoptera feeding within hours of ingestion, thereby preventing subsequent crop damage. It is non-systemic, and rapidly degrades in sunlight to various complex residues.
USAGE OF DPRO INSECTICIDES
Emamectin Benzoate is used for controlling of Lepidoptera on vegetables, brassicas and cotton, at up to 16 g/ha, and in pine trees, at 5-25 g/ha.
Lepidopteran pests like butterflies and moths.
MODE OF ACTION
DPRO insecticide is a non-systemic insecticide which penetrates leaf tissues by trans-laminar movement. It belongs to naturally occurring evermectin group of insecticide is good for controlling Lepidoptera such as bollworms in cotton and fruit and shoot borers in okra.
Emamectin is a foliar insecticide derivative of abamectin, which is isolated from fermentation of Streptomyces avermitilis, a naturally occurring soil actinomycete. It acts by stimulating the release of γ-aminobutyric acid, an inhibitory neurotransmitter, thus causing insect paralysis within hours of ingestion, and subsequent insect death 2–4 days later.
APPLICATION OF DPRO INSECTICIDES
- Spray recommended doses as and when pests appear on the crop.
- Take a small quantity of clean water and required quantity of Dpro.
- Stir the solution with a stick or rod and mix in remaining amount of clean water.
- Dpro shows no cross resistance with excellent translaminar action.
- It has the highest efficacy at lowest dosage & does not have any side effect.
- Dpro degrades rapidly in soil – Granular formulation ensures minimum wastage.
- It shows good contact activity & ingestion activity.
- Class II, moderately hazardous
- Avoid skin contact, eye contact, inhalation, ingestion.
- Harmful if swallowed. Consult physician immediately. DO NOT induce vomiting.
Read and follow the label instructions and warning exposure standards.
More at www.farmsquare.ng