Ultimax Plus Fungicide
Ultimax plus is a systematic fungicide effective in the control of fungal and bacterial disease and protection of field crops, cocoa, fruits, and vegetable. Effective against diseases such as black pod (Phytophthora sp.) of cocoa. It is also effective against black spots, leaf spots, damping off, downy mildew, rust, blight, and anthracnose. It can be applied directly to the seed(seed dressing), soil, or foliage of crops. The active ingredient in Ultimax Plus is metalaxyl-12% and copper (1) oxide 60% WP.
Application Usage And Guidance For Ultimax Plus
- Apply fungicides prior to the development of disease, although they may have systemic (“kickback”) action they will not completely eradicate diseases after they have started. And when a single disease lesion is observed in the field, many more lesions too small to observe are already working at your crop.
- Use shorter spray intervals during weather conducive to plant disease. However, most plant diseases require leaf wetness, Therefore, during periods of rain and heavy dews more frequent fungicide applications are a good idea. The normal range of spray applications is every 7 to 14 days.
- Know when to alternate fungicides. Systemic fungicides, those with a single mode of action, if applied again and again in sequence, may cause the disease fungi to mutate into a form resistant to the fungicide. Always alternate fungicide applications from one FRAC code (MOA code) number to another.
Precautions in Use of Ultimax Plus
- Application and timing are important to maximize the effectiveness of fungicides. Adhere strictly to the label and comply with the appropriate timing and application method.
- Numerous pesticides are registered for use by crop farmers and it should be noted that a fungicide cannot be legally used for any purpose other than the purpose shown on the approved label.
- Specific safety precautions should also be taken particularly when transporting, mixing, and applying fungicides.
- Consider also: Z force Agricultural Fungicide and SAAF Agricultural Fungicide.