Ampligo insecticide is a broad-spectrum insecticide that can be used to control Tuta absoluta, Diamond Back Moth, Whiteflies, Leaf-hoppers, Fall Army Worm, and other lepidopteran pests in vegetables.
It is a translaminar, encapsulated suspension flowable concentrate insecticide with contact and stomach action for the control of various pests on crops like Leafy Vegetables, Maize, Tomatoes, Rice etc.
Mode of Action of Ampligo Insecticide
Ampligo insecticide combines 2 different insecticide mode of actions, the bisamide and the pyrethroid mode of action.
Chlorantraniliprole is a ryanodine receptor modulator. The mode of action of chlorantraniliprole is the activation of insect ryanodine receptors. This activation stimulates the release of calcium from the internal stores of smooth and striated muscle, causing impaired muscle regulation, paralysis and ultimately insect death.
Pyrethroids are sodium channel modulators, interfering with the central nervous system of insects. It is one of the most potent compounds. The pests become paralyzed and eventually die. However, although feeding stops almost immediately, it can take up to 4 days for death to occur. During this time the host plant is not damaged.
Benefits of Ampligo Insecticide
- The insecticide acts fast with immediate pest kill.
- Ampligo insecticide has been proven best in class efficacy against the control of Tuta Absoluta, Diamondback Moth, Fall Army Worm and all other caterpillars.
- One product against many key pests such as whiteflies, thrips, aphids, beetles, leaf-hoppers among others.
- It delivers strong action at a low rate of the application while covering a broad spectrum of pests.
- It has a low PHI of 3 days
- Long-lasting protection
- Ampligo insecticide is safe to use on many crops.
- It controls all pest stages including the eggs and the adult stages.
- Diamondback moth (Plutella xylostella) in leafy vegetables
- Spider mites (Tetranychus urticae)
- Tuta Absoluta in tomatoes and Lepidoptera(Fall Army Worm) in Maize
- Leaf miners (Liriomyza spp), Thrips and Leaf-hoppers
- Aphids, whiteflies, leafminers, leafhoppers
Rates of application
Apply Ampligo insecticide at the recommended rate of 10 ml/20 litre or 250 ml/ha.
Keep containers tightly closed in a dry, cool and well-ventilated
Keep out of the reach of children.
Keep away from food, drink and animal feed.
- Avoid eye and skin contact.
- Do not inhale spray mist.
- Wash with soap and water immediately after use.
- Wash contaminated clothing after use.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke while mixing or applying the product or before washing hands and face.
- Wear suitable protective clothing when handling the concentrate or mixing – protective gloves, boots and face shield.
- Avoid excessive drift – do not treat if wind velocity exceeds 2 meters per second (7 km per hour).
- Clean applicator after use.
- Dispose of rinsate where it will not contaminate crops, grazing, rivers, dams and boreholes.
- Prevent contamination of food, feed, drinking water and eating
- Invert the empty container over the spray or mixing tank and allow to drain for at least 30 seconds after the flow has slowed down to a drip. Thereafter rinse the container three times with a volume of water equal to a minimum of 10 % of that of the container. Add the rinsings to the contents of the spray tank before destroying the container.
- Do not use the empty container for any other purpose.