California Wonder is a standard variety, OP (open-pollinated) cultivar. It is an open field sweet bell, Pop Vriend Seeds, from The Netherlands.
Fruit possesses a bell-shaped, dark green colour turning red on maturity. It is good for long-distance transport and continuous picking.
Characteristics of California Wonder OP Sweet Pepper
- Mid early maturity
- Blocky fruit mostly with 4 lobes
- 10cm in length and 9mm diameter in size
- Matures about 70 to 75 days
- Medium strong bush
Benefits Of California Wonder Sweet Pepper
- vitamin C present in bell pepper helps in;
- producing collagen in the body, which is essential for healing wounds and forming connective tissue
- protein metabolism
- supporting the immune system
- increasing the absorption of non-heme iron (the form found in plants)
- It also contains carotenoids with powerful antioxidant capacity, neutralizing free radicals and decreasing the risk of cancer and other diseases associated with oxidative stress
Growing tips California Wonder Sweet Pepper Seeds
- Sow in the greenhouse 7-9 weeks before the desired planting date.
- Allow plants to harden 7 days before transplanting.
- Plant transplants halfway between root ball and bottom leaves. This will help prevent lodging.
- Scout every 7 days to ensure crop development.
- Cut or break pepper off the plant but leave at least 1″ of the stem attached to the pepper.
- Clean and wax peppers.