Defeathering Machine for Poultry Birds (Electric Powered) -2-3 / 5-6 Birds Capacity
The defeathering machine is used to remove feathers from different kinds of poultry birds being slaughtered, like broilers, old layers, cockerels, turkeys etc). It ensures a high reliable possibility of efficiency and time-saving options. this eventually brings about quick processing of poultry birds for the farmer or processor.
Steps/Instructions on how to use the Defeathering Machine:
After the carcasses leave the scalder, they enter the defeathering machine. The picking machine therefore consist of banks of counter rotating stainless-steel disks or drums, with rubber ‘fingers’ mounted on them. As the birds are conveyed through the rotating picker fingers, the feathers are rubbed or plucked from the carcass. Continuous water sprays flush away the feathers. The remaining pinfeathers are removed by hand.
Follow the following steps:
- Slaughter the poultry bird, while you allow the blood to drain out properly.
- Put the slaughtered chicken (2-3 poultry birds) in hot water to scald at about 65 – 80 degrees depending on the toughness of the skin of the poultry bird.
- Turn on the machine and drop the scalded birds in it, facing heads down.
- You can turn off the machine at between 10 – 20 secs, depending on the type of poultry bird and the toughness of the bird skin.
- Make sure the Defeathering Plucker Machine is on a flat surface.
- While heating with your scalding water, the recommended temperature should be between 145 and 155 degrees and dunk the chicken in the hot water with caution.
- Always turn off the machine before attempting to grab the de-feathered chickens.
- Always clean and sanitize the machine upon every use, so as to prolong the life of the machine.
- The main power supply voltage should always be higher than the machine supply.
- For best results, the poultry birds should be completely dead, bled out and scalded before putting them into the defeathering machine. If not properly bled, the poultry bird may bruise, damaging the skin.
- Results may vary from user to user.
- Don’t ever touch or operate the defeathering machine with wet hands.
- Make sure its kept far away from children.