Dragon herbicide, from WACOT Co Ltd, is a non-selective post-emergence herbicide that kills a wide range of annual grasses, broad-leaf weeds, and some perennial grasses when sprayed directly onto the leaves.
Active ingredient: Paraquat Dichloride 24% w/w
Mode of action
This herbicide disturbs the electron transport system of photosynthesis and kills weeds like Chenopodium Album, Commelina spp (cotton), Fumaria spp(Paddy), Anagalis spp (wheat), Digitaia spp (Potato).
The active ingredient is rapidly absorbed by clay and split particle in the soil and does not leave any effective soil residues. Thus crops sown almost immediately after spraying are not affected by the chemicals.
Uses of Dragon Herbicide
- An ideal herbicide for conservation and no-till system (only controls the foliage parts of weeds) thus promoting intact roots and preventing soil erosion.
- Dragon is used as a post-emergence-directed application & pre-plant application in many crops.
- It damages cell membranes & cytoplasm during photosynthesis by producing superoxide.
- Within minutes of application, it gains non-washing properties.
It can be used in grassland and also on cultivated land. The diluted spray can be applied before ploughing, while for general crops when weeds are 2 – 3 leaf stage.
Dosage: Apply 3.4 litres of dragon herbicide per hectare (ha)
- Avoid splashing, spilling, leaks, spray drift, and contamination of clothing.
- Never eat, smoke, drink, or chew while using dragon herbicide.
- Pesticides should not be exposed to sunlight or rainwater.
- Avoid spilling of pesticide solutions while filling the spray tank.
- Always use the recommended dosage.
- Never apply over-dose and high concentrations of dragon herbicide than recommended.
Shop for related products here