Water Irrigation Pump – (6.5 HP) -Gasoline Powered
Water pumps are machines for moving water, they play a fundamental part in agriculture as they move water from its source to the fields and crops. Water pumps can be used with many forms of irrigation, such as drip, sprinklers or with a hose.
How Water Pumps Work
Water pumps consist of three main parts: an inlet, pump system and an outlet. Water is drawn into the pump through the inlet side when a pressure difference is made within the pump system, the water wants to move from an area of high pressure to an area of low pressure. This is used to move the water through the pump to the outlet side, into a hose, and towards your farm or water tank.
Water pumps need energy to work. This energy come from fuel (Petrol).
Water is drawn into the pump through the inlet side when a pressure difference is made within the pump system, the water wants to move from an area of high pressure to an area of low pressure. This is used to move the water through the pump to the outlet side, into a hose, and towards your farm or water tank.
How to use a water pump for irrigation
These are the essential steps to follow when using a water pump for irrigation:
- Connect the pump to a water source using rigid piping.
- Attach a filter to the suction tube.
- Connect the delivery port with appropriate connections to the outlet pipe.
- Prime the pump.
Preparing a water pump for watering is a straightforward procedure. First,
- Connect to the water source via a rigid pipe ideal spiral hose (sunction hose) fixed to a suitable and tight suction port with water pump fittings. It is important that the water suction pipe does not leak and that no air gets inside it, otherwise the pump impeller would work in a vacuum without drawing water, thereby damaging itself in the process.
- Depending on the quality of the water, attach a filter to the suction tube to avoid soil, sand, small stones, and other impurities entering the pump and damaging the impeller. For this purpose. Therefore, the delivery port (i.e., outlet) of the water pump must be connected using appropriate fittings to a second pipe (Layflat hose) which, via any other connections and routing points that may be needed, conveys water to the terminal elements of the irrigation system, the sprinklers, drip or water rain gun).
- Now the irrigation water pump is almost ready. Before starting the engine, perform a simple yet vital task to prepare the water pump itself by Priming. This involves purging air from the pump body by filling it with water from the corresponding charging hole, using a watering can for example.
Consider this product Rain Gun For Sprinkler Irrigation System with Tripod Stand (30m/40m/50m)