knapsack sprayer is a type of sprayer that disperses liquid through a hand-held nozzle that is attached to a pressurized reservoir carried on the operators back. Knapsack sprayers can be used to apply liquids such as fertilizers, herbicides and fungicides for example and is suited to spot treating areas. Knapsack sprayers are indispensable agricultural tools. Understanding how to use them is essential for the successful application of agricultural chemicals, especially selective post-emergence herbicides. Herbicide efficacy and crop tolerance depend upon inherent species sensitivity to a herbicide and the size of the weed or crop at application. With many new herbicides, the rate difference between effective weed control and crop tolerance is small. In order to successfully use herbicides, their application must be accurate and uniform.
Parts and functions of a knapsack sprayer
- Pump – A pump is a device used to move fluids, such as liquids or slurries, or gases from one place to another. A pump displaces a volume by physical or mechanical action. Most hydraulic sprayers are equipped with positive displacement pumps capable of developing pressure, required for many spraying jobs.
- Tank – It is the container to hold the chemical solution. It is made up of PVC, Brass, etc. It is usually made of metal sheet or synthetic rubber or plastic having good resistant quality against corrosion, erosion, and similar actions. The size of the tank varies according to the pump capacity and the requirements
- Pressure gauge – It is a dial gauge that indicates the pressure at which the liquid is delivered from the pump.. A pressure gauge properly calibrated, within the pressure range of the pump is provided on the discharge line to guide the operator in making a proper adjustment to the pressure at the site.
- Valves – A valve is a device that regulates the flow of a fluid (gases, liquids, fluidized solids, or slurries) by opening, closing, or partially obstructing various passageways
Uses of a Knapsack sprayer
A knapsack sprayer is an agricultural tool that is used in spraying liquid materials such as fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides or even water. A sprayer used in this way will need to be able to calibrate for those materials (fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides) that are being applied.
Features of a Knapsack sprayer
- Heavy-duty trigger control.
- The product is durable and convenient.
- Knapsack sprayer comes with a wide carry strap for easier and more comfortable carrying.
- The product comes with an inline filter to prevent nozzle clogging.
Maintenance of Knapsack sprayer
- Check whether leaks occur at the joints during use. Install the clean water for the test before spraying.
- The liquid level of the added liquid should not exceed the safe water level. Before spraying, twist the rocker more than 10 times, so that the pressure inside the barrel rises. Don’t be too forceful so as not to damage the air chamber.
- After use, pour out the remaining pesticide liquid in the barrel and wash it with clean water. At the same time check whether there is water in the air chamber, if any, release the water.
- When we do not use it in the short term, the main parts should be cleaned, wiped dry, and placed in a cool and dry place; if not used for a long period of time, the metal parts should be buttered to prevent rust.
Check out more agricultural equipment at Farmsquare Nig