A plastic egg crate can protect the egg from external shock. It can also protect the eggs from damaging and going bad, due to illumination and dampness so that the loss can be reduced. Trays made up of polystyrene offer superior cushioning and protection against moisture and odour. These plastic crates come in a variety of colours. They are durable, attractive, and can be used for quite long periods on farms. The sturdy plastic material ensures easy and convenient handling with ease of washing, disinfection, and reuse. Also, plastic is fungus- and mould-resistant, which marks another benefit over moulded fibre in terms of maintenance. Plastic egg crate can be used for quite a long time. It comes in a variety of colours. They can also be washed and properly dried after use.
Benefits of Plastic egg crate
- Provides durable medium of storage and protection of poultry eggs.
- Can easily be stacked together when out of use.
- The product is rigid and sturdy.
- They are easy to use.
Precautions when using plastic egg crate
- The product shouldn’t be taken near the fire to avoiding burning.
- The product shouldn’t be exposed to excessive sunlight and extreme temperatures.
- plastic egg crate should be handled with care.
- It should be stored properly.
Other types of Egg crate: Paper egg crate