A 3-in-1 soil tester is a metal pronged instrument that is inserted into the soil to test soil pH, light intensity, and moisture levels. A soil tester takes some of the guesswork out of where and what to plant. You can use the tester to determine the current levels of the soil and alter them according to the specific needs of the plants you wish to place there. Plant grasses, shrubs, flowers, or trees that need similar conditions together in one area, with those needing different conditions in a separate area of your farm.
Uses of the Soil Tester
3 in 1 digital tester, test for soil ph / moisture & light.
The application can be for:
- Soil ph value of lawn maintenance.
- Soil ph value of flowers and grasses planter.
- Soil ph value of garden virescence.
- pH & moisture reference of vineyards , orchards.
- Soil pH value of nursery planters
How to Use
- Clean the prongs of the tester with distilled water and a clean cloth before use, and between uses. This will keep the readings from being affected by the pH of a previous test or tap water.
- Insert the prongs into the soil you wish to measure. The first reading that appears will be a pH, which is measured on a scale from 1 to 14, with 1 being the most acidic and 14 being the most alkaline. Seven is a neutral pH. Most plants will grow in a pH between 6 and 7.5. The soil tester measures pH levels from 3.5 to 8. Alter soil pH by adding limestone to raise it, or sulfur to lower it.
- Press the button on the tester to view the moisture readings. The tester measures the percentage of moisture content in 10 percent increments, from no moisture to complete saturation. Most plants will want moist soil in the mid-range. Sand can be added to soil to increase drainage capabilities for excessively wet soil.
- Press the button on the tester again to view the light readings. Light readings measure light intensity in foot-candles from 0 to 2,000. For reference, average indoor home lighting is around 100 foot-candles. Plants requiring full sun can be planted in the upper light ranges, and plants requiring shade can be planted in the lower light areas.
1 review for 3 in 1 Digital Soil Tester
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.