Natsoil is a natural fertilizer that gives more yield, last longer and can also provide pest control. It is made from casting of the
black soldier fly. The Black Soldier Fly (BSF) is a non-pest-fly that can recycle any material into high value fertilizer for your soil. It is the best option for your vegetable plants.
NatSoil is a nourishing, highly effective and natural Fertilizer produced by the larvae of the Black Soldier Fly (BSF), Hermetia illucens. NatSoil is a slow release fertilizer that is high in organic matter content and bio-available nitrogen. Completely free from artificial chemicals, NatSoil is available fresh and can be pelletized. It has an earthy smell and is rich in beneficial microbes. It promotes strong plant growth and can trigger a plant’s natural defense mechanisms to deter unwanted pests.
NatSoil is a new and innovative input on organic farms. It provides a rich source of nutrients that are released into the soil throughout the year. When used in land preparation, it naturally stimulates microbial activity in the soil and provides a structure that aids water retention. This process optimizes germination, improves fruiting and initiates a natural pest control response in many crops. It contains chitin which triggers the immune response and natural defence system in the crop. It can be made into a compost tea which can be applied as a root drench throughout the season. It is suitable for vegetables, tubers and grain crops.
Benefits of using Natsoil Organic Fertilizer
- It is a natural fertilizer that is safe for the environment.
- It is a slow-release fertilizer, which means that it does not burn plants.
- It is a good source of nutrients for plants.
- It can help to improve the health of the soil.
- It can help to suppress pests and diseases.
Steps on how to use Natsoil Organic Fertilizer
- Transplanting: Add a small handful of Natsoil under the roots
- Seed Starter: Use instead of coco peat for seedling trays
- Compost Tea: Apply 1 kg of Natsoil to 20 litres of water and leave to steep for 18 to 24 hours. Use as a compost tea within 24 hours and discard the residue. Apply at the root.
- Compost Catalyst: Apply 50g per kg equivalent of compost
- Soil Preparation: Apply 0.2kg of Natsoil per sq meter (or 1 ton per acre) 2 weeks before planting. Work deep into the soil to add nutrients, microbes and organic matter to feed the soil. Compost tea can be applied every 3 months to maintain soil nutrient levels.
- Work the fertilizer into the soil to a depth of 6-8 inches.
- Do not apply the fertilizer too close to the plant’s roots.
- Avoid applying the fertilizer on wet soil.
- Water the soil after applying the fertilizer.