Filter for drip irrigation are perfect for small- to medium-size irrigation systems with a fairly clean water supply. They have a screen that captures sediment and debris present in the water supply. These filters are not rated for use under constant pressure and should be placed after automated valves and timers.
Every irrigation system needs to have a filter. No matter how clean your water is, a filter is cheap insurance to guard against debris entering your irrigation system. Even small particles in the water can cause drip emitters to become clogged. Unfortunately, most times we don’t notice a clogged dripper until we see a plant wilting and at that point it may be too late. We strongly recommend adding a filter to your system.
Filter for drip irrigation remove sediment and debris that can clog a drip system. These filters are commonly used for small to medium size irrigation systems with a relatively clean water supply (municipal source or a clean well). Most of the filters on this page, have hose threads and can be attached to a standard faucet or hose threaded timer.
Water is crucial for your plants to grow and thrive. Unfortunately, water typically carries particulates and sediments that can clog your irrigation system before this life-giving liquid actually reaches your plants. Whether you use city water, a well, a pond, creek or some other source for your water, Filter for drip irrigation carries a big selection of drip irrigation water supply filters to keep your water clean.
Filters remove sediment and debris that can clog an irrigation system. Our filters offer a smart and sensible solution to meet the unique needs of your system. Select a filter based on the quality of your water supply and the size of your system. We recommend installing a filter on every irrigation system and will not warrant a system without an appropriate filter installed. Drip irrigation filter installation is fast and easy.
What is Drip irrigation
Drip irrigation is the most efficient water and nutrient delivery system for growing crops. It delivers water and nutrients directly to the plant’s roots zone, in the right amounts, at the right time, so each plant gets exactly what it needs, when it needs it, to grow optimally. Thanks to drip irrigation, farmers can produce higher yields while saving on water as well as fertilizers, energy and even crop protection products.
Importance of Drip irrigation
- High availability of water and nutrients.
- Doses of water and nutrients tailored to plant’s development needs.
- No saturation and good soil aeration.
- Avoids high salinity caused by excessive fertilizer application.
- No wetting of foliage that can result in fungal diseases.
- Reduce impact of drought and climate change on food production .
- Avoid contamination of ground water and rivers caused by fertilizer leaching.
- Support rural communities, reduce poverty, reduce migration to cities.
Why filtration is necessary
Water filtration is very important to almost any irrigation system.
Appropriate filtration can help to extend the life and improve the maintenance of any irrigation system. For drip or micro sprinklers emitters, filtration is a basic need to avoid clogging. A sand grain, rust and other materials can block micro and mini and sprinklers’ nozzles which could cause unintentional plants dehydration. Many water sources like reservoirs, rivers and of course waste water contain a lot of organic materials such as alga and bacteria, that have to be removed especially from drip irrigation, mist spray [Nebulization] and micro-sprinkle systems, as small as they are. Not removing those substances can lead to creation of dirt accumulations and colonies of harmful material within the emitters and the rest of the equipment. Naturally, rust and sand grains are a safe platform for coating by organic materials and creating large chunks within the systems, causing a total blockage of water transferring.
Important notes about filtration
- The sediment captured in a screen must be cleaned out periodically.
- Filters aim to protect and preserve a drip irrigation system. They have to prevent the clogging of drippers and of the drip tape. It is essential to choose them basing on the characteristics of the water and the desired flow rate.
Importance of the product
- These filters work well in removing solids, silt or sediment, leaves, sticks, and snails from water.
- They are great because they are user-friendly and economical.
- They are also easily cleaned, as they do not require disassembly to clean the element.
More Agricultural product on Farmsquare Nig