Gem F1 Tomato Seed…
Gem Tomato is a premium hybrid greenhouse tomato with blocky heavy fruits. This tomato is produced by the Royal Seeds Company. It is an indeterminate plant with strong calyx retention and a long harvest period.
Characteristics of Gem F1 Tomatoes
- Maturity 75 days from transplanting
- Fruit weight 130 – 150 grams
- Yield Potential 35 – 40 kgs per Sq.M. in greenhouse and 60 tons per acre outdoors
- Long shelf life of up to 21 days at room temperature
- Strong calyx retention and long harvest period
- Uniform clusters with 6 fruits average·
Resistances / Tolerances:
- Tomato Yellow Leaf Curl Virus (TYLCV)
- Cucumber Mosaic Virus (CMV)
- Tomato Mosaic Virus (ToMV)
- Fusarium Wilt (Fol: 1,2)
- Verticilium Wilt (Vd & Va)
- Grey Leaf Spot
Health Benefits Of Tomato
Tomatoes are a versatile ingredient for food and diet, and when they’re perfectly ripe, they are exceptionally delicious.
- Better Eyesight
- Cell Growth
- Collagen Production
- Immune Support
- Reduce Blood Pressure
- Improve Digestion
- Reduced Cholesterol
- Reversed Smoking Damage
Care for Indeterminate Tomato
- These cultivars aren’t usually the best choice for growing in containers because the plant grows quite tall, its roots grow extensively as well, requiring more water and nutrients than in a container setup.
- These varieties need to have their rampantly growing vines managed. This is usually done with pruning and staking.
- Climbing types are typically pruned to just one or two leader stems, and trained to climb a string or trellis.
- With indeterminate varieties, pruning and removing suckers allows the plant to focus energy on fruit production for the remaining stems – putting less energy into foliage growth.
- Indeterminate cultivars often have flowers, immature fruit, and ripe fruit on the plant all at the same time.
- Instead of producing all of their fruit more or less at once, as determinate varieties tend to do, indeterminate ones gradually produce smaller but more frequent harvests over the growing season.