Greengo 918 F1 Cucumber (500 | 1000 Seeds)
Greengo 918 F1 Cucumber (1000 Seeds) is a mid-early, dark-colored cucumber variant that can stay for a week without depreciating in color or firmness. It matures early and has a very high water content making it suitable to prevent dehydration.
Characteristics of Greengo 918 F1 Cucumber Seeds
- Class: Hybrid Treated seeds
- Maturity: 45-55 days
- Flowering habit: Determinate
- Colour: Dark Green
- Length: 20-23cm
- Diameter: 4-5cm
- Plant vigor: Strong
- Packaging: 25g
- Size: 1000 Seeds
- Resistance: CMV, DM, PM, ALS, Scab, WMV, ZYMV, and PRSV.
Importance of Growing Greengo 918 F1 Cucumber
- Deep greenish plum fruit: Greengo F1 has a fine deep greenish color of fruits. Asides, it produces averagely equal-sized fruits that are plum and succulent which enhances its package-ability.
- High yield: Because of the important variation on this hybrid variant, it yields very high, making it profitable to plant.
- Market sentiment: The fresh veggies markets are predominantly disposed to deep greenish cucumber fruits especially in Southwest Nigeria. You have a better advantage of fast sales and unit price from planting this type than the light greenish ones.
- Resistance to Downy Mildew: This is perhaps the major threat in cucumber cultivation especially in the rainy season. There is no type of preventive measures you can take to stem this infection if the variety in the first place does not have intermediate to high resistance to mildew. Greengo F1 has a very strong resistance to mildew even without preventive measures (though not a wise practice).
- Long shelf-life: This cucumber variety can stay for a week without depreciating in color or firmness. Making it a wise choice of purchase to both wholesalers’ buyers and retails.
- Early maturity: The first harvest is as early as five weeks and a half from planting.
The Health benefits of Greengo 918 F1 Cucumber
- Cucumbers are low in calories and contain a good amount of water and soluble fiber, making them ideal for promoting hydration and aiding in weight loss.
- It reduces blood sugar levels and helps reduce weight loss.
- All that water in cucumbers can help keep you hydrated. Plus, the fiber boost they give you helps you stay regular and avoid constipation.
- The vitamin K helps blood clot and keeps your bones healthy.
- Vitamin A has many jobs, like helping with vision, the immune system, and reproduction. It also makes sure organs like your heart, lungs, and kidneys work the way they should.
- Calories: 45
- Total fat: 0 grams
- Carbs: 11 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Vitamin C: 14% of the RDI
Cultivation of Greengo 918 F1 Cucumber (500 | 1000 Seeds)
The most suitable soil type for growing cucumber is sandy loamy or sandy soils, because of faster absorption of heat than other soil types. The steps involved in planting cumber include:
- Clear and plough: Clear and plough the farmland where you intend to farm cucumber. Remove all unwanted things on the farmland because the land should not contain trees or shrubs. Note that cucumber needs sunshine to grow very well, therefore they should be sufficiently exposed to sunlight.
- Application of organic manure: Do this before making the beds. You can apply pig, cow, or poultry droppings and allow for 3 days or more before planting.
- Include the drip irrigation system: It is highly recommended to install drip irrigation systems especially if you are planting during the dry season. There may not be a need for irrigation systems during the rainy seasons. Either way, have it in mind that cucumber requires enough water daily.
- Cover the beds with mulching films: Mulch to suppress weeds and conserve water in cucumber production. Holes are open on it where crops grow through in.
Apart from Greengo 918 F1 Hybrid Cucumber Seeds (East-West Seeds Brand), you can consider these seeds Amarisa F1 Cucumber, Mydas RZ Cucumber