Honey King F1 Sweet Corn Seeds
Honey King F1 Sweet Corn Seeds (Harvest Field | 250g) It is a tropical hybrid sweet corn that has strong plant vigour and a strong root system, making it tolerant to lodging. This product is a well-performing hybrid developed for tropical conditions, has strong plant vigour, good eating quality, and high yield.
Features of Honey King F1 Sweet Corn Seeds
- Variety name: Honey King F1
- Variety features: Large cob, very sweet in taste, and good shelf life.
- Sweetness: Brix-13 (Brix is a measurement of sweetness).
- Early maturity: 71 to 73 days.
- Length(cm): 20 to 21.
- Resistance: streak virus (MSV).
Health benefit of Honey King F1 Sweet Corn Seeds (Harvest Field | 250g)
- Honey King F1 has several health benefits, because of the high fibre content, it can aid digestion.
- It also contains valuable B vitamins, which are important to your overall health.
- Provides our bodies with essential minerals such as zinc, magnesium, copper, iron and manganese.
- It’s a stable cereal very popular due to its high nutritional significance enriched with an abundant amount of macronutrients like starch, fibre, protein and fat along with micronutrients like vitamin B complex, ß-carotene and essential minerals, i.e. magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, copper, etc.
- Honey King F1is a special, low-starch variety with higher sugar content, at 18% of the dry weight. Most of the sugar is sucrose.
- Despite the sugar in Honey King F1, it is not a high-glycemic food, ranking low or medium on the glycemic index
- The high amount of fibre present in corn helps lower cholesterol levels and reduces the risk of colon cancer.
- Sweet Corn, if consumed in moderate quantities, has been seen to be beneficial for those suffering from diabetes.
- Being rich in folate, Sweet corn helps the generation of new cells, especially important before and during pregnancy.
- The insoluble fibre in corn makes it good for those suffering from common digestive ailments, like constipation and haemorrhoids.
- Calories: 96
- Water: 73%
- Protein:4 grams
- Carbs: 21 grams
- Sugar:5 grams
- Fiber:4 grams
- Fat:5 grams
How to plant Honey King F1 Sweet Corn Seeds
- Plant the corn seeds about 1 inch deep and 3 to 4 inches apart in the row. Space the rows 2½ to 3 feet apart. After the plants are up, thin them to 1 foot apart.
- Sweet corn is a warm-season crop and must be planted after the soil warms and there is no more danger of harsh weather.
- If you have room, plant again when the first corn plants have three to five leaves. This usually takes 2 to 3 weeks.
- You will need 1 to 2 ounces of seed for every 100 feet of row.
- Do not use seed saved from last year’s sweet corn as these seeds will not grow a good crop.
- Sweet corn grows best when planted in several short rows instead of one long row. This makes it easier for the corn plants to pollinate, and good pollination is necessary for ears of corn to have plump, juicy kernels.
- Plant the corn seeds about 1 inch deep and 3 to 4 inches apart in the row. Space the rows 2½ to 3 feet apart. After the plants are up, thin them to 1 foot apart. If you plant them closer, your corn will have small, poorly filled ears
- Water sweet corn as needed to keep it from wilting. Do not let corn suffer from lack of water when the kernels are forming.
Fertilizing of the Honey King F1 Sweet Corn Seeds
- Use 2 to 3 pounds of fertilizer, such as 10-10-10, for every 100 square feet of garden area. Spread the fertilizer evenly over the soil and work it into the soil 3 to 4 inches deep and rake the soil to smooth the surface.
- When the plants are about 2 feet tall, apply 1 cup of fertilizer for every 10 feet of garden row. Scatter the fertilizer evenly between the rows and mix it lightly with the soil. Water after fertilizing
- Water sweet corn frequently to keep it from wilting and do not let corn suffer from lack of water when the kernels are forming.
- Remove weeds, rocks and trash, and work the top 8 to 10 inches of soil before planting. Work the soil only when it is dry enough not to stick to garden tools.
- Hoe or till the soil just under the surface, Hoe the weeds off just below the soil’s surface.
- Do not hoe deep because deep hoeing will cut the corn roots, which are close to the top of the soil.
- More of our Sweet Corn seeds Maize Hybrid Seeds, Maize Hybrid Dekalb Seeds
Sachet (250g), Bag (1kg)