Macario F1 Slicer Cucumber(1000 Seeds)
Macario F1 is a slicing cucumber variety produced from Enza Zaden company. It is an early and very productive cucumber that produces high quality fruits.
Characteristics of Macario F1 Slicer Cucumber
- Early Maturity
- Slicing Cucumber Variety
- Strong Vigour plant
- Good cover plant type
- Cylindrical straight fruit shape
- 19 * 6 cm fruit length
- Dark green fruit colour
- Powdery Mildrex
- Cucumber Mosaic
- Cucumber Vein Yellowing
Healthly Benefit of Cucumber
- Cucumbers are high in water, several important vitamins and minerals which provides the maximum amount of nutrients.
- Reduce the risk of chronic disease
- Increase hydration and aids weight loss.
- May help lower blood sugar.
- Prevent diabetes-related complications
- Help prevent constipation and increase regularity.
Steps in Growing Cucumber
- Sow cucumbers into small pots of seed. Sow two seeds about an inch (3cm) deep, then water well.
- Cucumbers need a warm temperature to germinate. Once the seedlings appear, remove the weakest to leave one per pot.
- Outdoor cucumbers should be planted out when the soil has warmed.
- Cucumbers prefer rich, fertile soil, so dig in plenty of well-rotted organic matter such as compost before planting.
- If you’re growing your cucumbers upwards using supports such as trellis, set plants at about 45cm apart. If you’ll be leaving them to sprawl over the soil surface instead, plant them about 90cm apart.
- Pinch out the growing points after six leaves have formed to encourage plants to produce fruiting side shoots. Climbing cucumbers may need tying to vertical supports, particularly as the heavy fruits start to develop. Harvest cucumbers while they’re still small and tender. Cut them off plants using a sharp knife or pruners. Pick often to encourage more fruits and, if you can, harvest in the morning while it’s still cool.
Other Slicer Cucumber include Corinto F1 and Marketmore.