The Manual Maize Planter is a simple and effective tool for planting maize seeds in a field. It is designed to be pushed by hand and has a number of seed cups that can be adjusted to control the distance between the seeds i.e. the spacing. As the planter is pushed along the ground, the seed cups drop the seeds into the soil at a predetermined spacing and depth. Manual maize planters are typically used by small-scale farmers who do not have access to larger, more expensive planting equipment. They are easy to operate, require minimal maintenance, and are relatively inexpensive to purchase. The use of a hand-push maize planter can help to increase efficiency and productivity during the planting season, leading to higher yields and better profits for farmers.
It can also be called Agricultural hand-push planter, corn seeder, Maize planter, corn planter, or Maize seeder
The Manual Maize Planter is a successful product that has continuously eased farmers’ stress. It is prolonged and durable. Planting of maize has been made easy for farmers, most especially small-scale farmers. It enables farmers to practice conservation agriculture. The Manual Maize Planter is 2 in 1 because it is used to plant seeds and for fertilizer application.
- 1. It is used for planting maize seeds.
- 2. It can be used for fertilizer application.
- 3. It can also be used for the planting of soybean seeds, millet seeds, and sorghum seeds.
The manual maize planter has been of optimum benefit to small-scale farmers such as;
- 1. It can be used to plant seeds in a larger area at a faster rate.
- 2. It increases the rate of seed planting efficiency.
- 3. It can reduce the number of workers needed for maize seed planting, thus reducing labour costs and increasing profit.
- 4. It is maintenance-free.
- 5. It can last for a long time.
How to use the manual maize planter
- 1. Set or arrange the maize seeds in seeds in the seed compartment.
- 2. Roll the maize planter on the ridges or flat land in a straight row.
- 3. Ensure that the planting holes are buried with seeds.
- 4. Do the above process for all the rows on the farm.