Van Iperen Monopotassium phosphate (MKP) fertilizer is the preferred source of phosphorus when nitrogen fertilization should be limited. For example, early in the growing season, phosphorus is needed at high rates for the establishment of the root system. Applying Van Iperen Monopotassium phosphate (MKP) fertilizer at the productive stages of sugar-rich fruit crops helps to increase sugar content and to improve the quality of these.
Monopotassium phosphate (MKP) features a high phosphorus content in a formula readily available for plant uptake. The analysis is 0-52-34, providing:
– 0% nitrogen
– 52% P2O5 phosphate
– 34% K2O potassium
The MKP form makes phosphorus immediately available to growing plants. Potassium supports disease resistance, water utilization, and crop quality.
Monopotassium Phosphate (MKP) Horticultural Grade is a highly pure Phosphate fertilizer, which dissolves rapidly and completely. This fertilizer has limited caking sensitivity and is recommended during root and shoot development in the early stages, up until flowering and early fruit set. The high level of Phosphate in the Van Iperen Monopotassium phosphate (MKP) fertilizer formula increases cell division and the development of new plant tissue. The presence of Potassium plays an important role in protecting the plant from early stress, as well as providing good support for the fruits in the early fruit set.
Its high purity and water-solubility make it an ideal fertilizer for Nutrition (Fertigation) and for foliar application.
Application of Van Iperen Mono-potassium phosphate (MKP) fertilizer
It is recommended to use Van Iperen Mono-potassium phosphate (MKP) fertilizer where nitrogen levels should be kept low. Because of its unique characteristics, this fertilizer can be applied through any irrigation system and on any growth medium. Van Iperen Mono-potassium phosphate (MKP) fertilizer is not corrosive to fertilizer pumps or irrigation equipment.
MKP fertilizer is suitable for application via leaves. As the pH value of water used via sprinkler systems can be maintained at around 4,5, thanks to Van Iperen Mono-potassium phosphate (MKP) fertilizer MKP fertilizer absorption of all major and trace elements is facilitated. Thanks to the low EC value (0,7 mS/cm) risks for burns in leaves are too low and therefore it may even be used in high concentrations. It may be mixed with any soluble fertilizer; yet should not be used together with fertilizers containing calcium (Ca).
Advantages of using Van Iperen Mono-potassium phosphate (MKP) fertilizer
- Van Iperen Mono-potassium phosphate (MKP) fertilizer limits vegetative growth as of fruit set.
- The product is suitable for fertigation in open fields and greenhouses.
- Van Iperen Mono-potassium phosphate (MKP) fertilizer is also suitable for foliar application.
- The fertilizer improves root and shoots growth.
When and How to Apply MKP Fertilizer
- MKP can be applied at planting, side dressing, or as a foliar nutrient spray:
- Band into furrow 2 inches below seeds or spread between crop rows
- Foliar apply diluted spray during rapid growth or fruiting stages
- Use soil tests to determine the proper application rate
- Apply when plants can readily absorb nutrients
- Follow label directions carefully regarding uses
Other high-quality fertilizers: Maxi MKP