Murano 2 F1 Hybrid Cucumber Seeds (Tecnisem Brand) -50g
Murano 2 F1 Cucumber is a hybrid seed variety from Tecnisem that is commonly used for outdoor and indoor propagation of cucumbers under tropical conditions. . The fruits are high-yielding and high-quality.
Features of Murano 2 F1 Cucumber (50g)
- Murano F1 cucumber plants are very vigorous in their growth pattern. This variety grows very tall with broad leaves. The broad leaves make this variety very efficient in the use of sunlight and photosynthesis.
- Very large leaf covers
- Crawling plant structure, this variety will do well if staked.
- The length of Murano F1 cucumber fruit is between 22cm – 26cm
- The weight of the fruit of this variety can be up to 700 grams
- The diameter of the fruit is 5 – 6 cm
- The fruits are dark green. In some parts of Nigeria, people prefer the dark green type of cucumber fruits.
- Fewer seeds in the fruits
- Maturity time of 39-45 days
- Tolerance of downy mildew infection
- Tolerance to powdery mildew infection
- Tolerance to cucumber mosaic virus
Health benefit of Murano 2 F1 Cucumber
- Promotes hydration and aids weight loss because it contains a good amount of water and soluble fibre.
- Reduces blood sugar level and helps reduce weight loss.
- keep you hydrated because of the large volume of water it has.
- Helps you stay regular and avoid constipation because of the fibre it has.
- It helps blood clot and keeps your bones healthy because of the vitamin K
- Improve vision, the immune system, and reproduction and also makes sure, organs like your heart, lungs, and kidneys work the way they should because of the Vitamin A it contains.
- Carbs: 11 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fibre: 2 grams
- Vitamin C: 14% of RDI
Cultivation of Murano 2 F1 Cucumber
The most suitable soil type for growing cucumber is sandy loamy or sandy soils, because of faster absorption of heat than other soil types. The steps involved in planting cumber include:
- Clear and plough: Clear and plough the farmland where you intend to farm cucumber and remove all unwanted things on the farmland because the land should not contain trees or shrub. Note that cucumber needs sunshine to grow very well, therefore they should be appropriately exposed to sunlight.
- Application of organic manure: This is commonly done before making beds. You can apply pig, cow, or poultry droppings and allow for 3 days or more before planting.
- Include the drip irrigation system: Install drip irrigation systems especially if you are planting during the dry season. There may not be a need for irrigation systems during the rainy seasons. Either way, have it in mind that cucumber requires enough water daily.
- Cover the beds with mulching films: Mulch to suppress weeds and conserve water in cucumber production because cucumber needs lots of water. Holes are open on it where crops grow through. You must dispose of mulching film properly after usage. The distance between one hole and the other should be about 40 – 50cm.
More of our Seeds Farmers Pride F1, Darina F1 Cucumber