Neem Oil (For Organic Farming) – 1 Litre
Neem oil (For Organic Farming) – 1 Litre is an oil extracted from the neem tree which is also known as ‘Azadirachta indica‘. The tree is evergreen and commonly found in tropical and sub-tropical areas. Neem oil, Neem powder, and Neem leaf extracts repel pests while Neem cake can be used to reactivate the soil nutrients.
The oil extract is rich in several vitamins and fatty acids, However, its major compound is Azadirachtin which is one of nature’s strongest pest repellents. This chemical composition of neem oil makes it suitable for skin, hair use and for plants.
Neem oil is the natural and most ideal alternative to synthetic insecticides and pesticides. It eliminates the chances of leaving chemical residues on crops and it is sustainable and environmentally friendly, unlike most synthetic alternatives. Therefore, if you desire to farm organic and stay away from synthetic inputs, this product is your best bet.
The Economic Importance of the Neem Oil
- It plays an active role in maintaining good health conditions for both plants and animals.
- Also, neem extracts can be used as fertilizers and pesticides.
- Neem extracts can be used as organic pesticides to control defoliating pests like Locust, Grasshopper, Bug, Beetle, etc.; they contain several active ingredients that repel insect pests.
- Genetic resistance is a common feature in the application of synthetic pesticides but not in the case of Neem extracts. They simply make the palatable food for insect pest looks unpalatable; hence, they are forced to vacate or source for another means of sustenance.
- Neem extracts are natural insecticides for any vegetable garden; they are environmental-friendly; they can be used indiscriminately.
When to apply Neem Oil
- Spraying neem oil on plants under the sun renders it ineffective. The recommended time of application is the evening.
- How often can you use Neem oil on plants?
- Neem oil is expensive and should be used with caution. You can use Neem oil fortnightly as a preventive measure. However, if you are using it to control an attack, every 3 days is fine.
Specification: Neem Oil (For Organic Farming) – 1 Litre
- Item Type: Neem Oil
- Class: Organic agriculture
- Capacity: 1 litre bottle
- Country of Origin: Nigeria
- Weight: 1000 g
Other specially selected organic fertilizers HERE.