Odyssey F1 watermelon (1000 Seeds)
Odyssey F1 watermelon (1000 Seeds) is an early hybrid watermelon that has maximum fertilization and very rich in nutrient. It is a strong hybrid watermelon easy to grow.
Features of Odyssey F1 watermelon seeds (1000 Seeds)
- Odyssey F1 an early hybrid with outstanding ﬂesh, green stripes and Elongated.
- Colour: Dark green
- Early high yield hybrid.
- Oval fruits and elongated.
- Great tolerance to stressful conditions especially at the beginning of the season.
- Weight: 10 – 12kg.
- A high percentage of sugar.
- Easy to transport.
- Excellent taste.
Health benefit of Odyssey F1 watermelon
- Watermelon is a sweet and refreshing low-calorie summer snack because it provides hydration and essential nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- It hydrates and makes you feel full because watermelon has high water content.
- Because of the presence of antioxidants present in watermelon, it helps prevent high blood pressure, obesity etc.
- It prevents cell damage from radicals because of the presence of Vitamin C
- They have been studied to prevent cancer because of the presence of the antioxidant’s lycopene cucurbitacin E.
- They have anti-inflammatory compounds which prevent chronic diseases caused by inflammation.
- Helps to keep the eyes healthy because of the antioxidant lycopene.
- Several nutrients in watermelon are good for your hair and skin because they help keep skin supple while others protect against sunburn.
- It aids digestion because it contains fibre.
How to plant Odyssey F1 watermelon
- Plant from late spring to early summer once soil temperatures reach 70° F or above.
- Sow 8 to 10 seeds in a ridge, and push seeds 1 inch into the soil.
- Space ridge 3 to 4 feet apart, with at least 8 feet between rows.
- Keep soil free of weeds by shallow hoeing or with a layer of mulch.
- Space seeds 3 to 5 feet apart in nutrient-rich, well-drained soil with a pH of 6.0 to 6.8.
- Give plants a fabulous start to the growing season by improving native soil with several inches of aged compost or other rich organic matter.
- Consistent water supply is critical to growing huge flavorful watermelon; install a soaker hose or drip irrigation for best results. Avoid wetting the leaves.
- Keep them well-fed with a continuous supply of nutrients by using a slow-release fertilizer regularly because watermelons have huge appetites.
- Keep young melons off the ground with a bed of straw.
- Harvest watermelons when they turn from bright to dull green. They should sound hollow when you knock on them.
We have other Watermelon seeds Grey top F1 Watermelon, Sweet Sangria F1 Watermelon..