P-strepnor extra poultry antibiotics is a water-soluble powder combination of penicillin, streptomycin, and various vitamins. Penicillin G acts mainly bactericidal against Gram-positive bacteria like Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, Pasteurella, Corynebacterium, Bacillus, and Clostridia. Streptomycin belongs to the group of aminoglycosides. It has a synergetic effect on penicillins, so both products can be combined at lower, less toxic levels. Streptomycin is bactericidal on both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria like Salmonella. E.coli and Pasteurella.
COMPOSITION OF P-STREPNOR EXTRA
- P-strepnor extra contains per gram.
- Penicillin G procaine… 45 mg.
- Streptomycin sulphate… 133 mg.
- Vitamin A… 6,600 IU.
- Vitamin D3… 1,660 IU.
- Vitamin E… 2 .5 mg.
- Vitamin K3… 2 .5 mg.
- Vitamin B2… 1 .66 mg.
- Vitamin B6… 2 .5 mg.
- Vitamin B12… 0 .25 µg.
- Folic acid… 0 .413 mg.
- Ca d-pantothenate… 6 .66 mg.
- Nicotinic acid… 16 .6 mg.
INDICATIONS OF P-STRENOR EXTRA
P-strepnor extra is a powerful combination of penicillin, streptomycin, and vitamins and is used for the treatment of:
- Chronic Respiratory Disease (CRD)
- Infectious Coryza,
- coli infections
- Non-specific enteritis and;
- Infectious synovitis in poultry and turkeys.
CONTRA-INDICATIONS OF P-STREPNOR EXTRA
- Do not administer to animals with an active rumen and intestinal microbial flora like ruminants, equine,s and rabbits.
- Do not administer to animals with impaired kidney functions.
- Do not administer to animals hypersensitive to penicillin.
SIDE EFFECTS OF P-STREPNOR EXTRA
Streptomycin content in p-strepnor extra can be nephroxic, neuro-musculo toxic, can cause heart and circulatory disturbances and can affect the ear and equilibrium functions. Penicillin can cause allergic reactions
INCOMPATIBILITY OF P-STREPNOR TO OTHER DRUGS
Do not combine with bacteriostatic antibiotics, especially tetracyclines.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION OF P-STREPNOR POULTRY ANTIBIOTICS
Prevention: 1 gram to 4 liters of drinking water for 3-5 days
Treatment: 1 gram to 2 liters of drinking water for 3-5 days
Medicated water should be used up within 24 hours
WITHDRAWAL PERIOD FOR P-STREPNOR EXTRA
Meat : 5 days
Eggs : 3 days
STORAGE FOR P-STREPNOR EXTRA
Store in a dry, dark place between 2 °C and 25 °C.
Store in closed packing.
Keep medicine away from children.
PACKING OF P-STREPNOR EXTRA
Sachet of 100g, presented as a water soluble powder.
Check other Antibiotics HERE.