The Characteristics of the dwarf pawpaw seeds
The dwarf pawpaw seeds (Red Royale) has gone through intensive breeding program to become one of the market leadeing Pawpaw variety. This because of its premium hybrid quality and open pollinated seeds.
We sell the Red Royale F1 dwarf papaya hybrid, which has excellent fruit setting ability and vigorous plants with sturdy stems. It can be used both for fresh consumption and for making juice. The fruits are large, sweet, with thick flesh, and deep red in colour.
An F1 hybrid (or filial 1 hybrid) is the first filial generation of offspring of distinctly different parental types. The advantage of the F1 hybrid is that they retain some desirable traits. F1 seedlings are uniform. Also F1 dwarf Red royale is resistant to diseases such as ring spot virus. F1 is produced more cheaply because hand pollination or other special interventions are not required.
Dwarf Pawpaw seeds (Red Rotale F1) nursery and Transplant Guide.
1. Get a luke warm water (water that is fairly warm by the sun ) pour the look warm water inside a coverable bottle container.
Note; Don’t warm the water by stove or gas fire.You can as well use normal water where there is no sun light.
2. Pour the seeds inside the container add water and cover it overnight
3. The following day u remove the water and plant the seeds in a nursery bag one each at a depth of about 1cm inside in the soil.
4. Place the nursery under a shade
5. Water little by little every 2days
Note: watering should not be too much, just to moisture the soil.
6. It takes about 5 to 8 days for the seeds to start germinating.
7. After germination, leave them in that position for like 3 to 4 weeks before transplanting to the main farm.
8. Plant at a distance of 2m x 2m spacing intervals both row n column.
9. You can start applying manure after 1week of transplanting
Note , manure like poultry dung, fertiliser both solid n liquid can also b applied time to time say every 2weeks or 4 weeks
10. By 5th month, it will be fruiting.
Characteristics of Red Royale F1 (Dwarf pawpaw seeds)
- A vigorous hybrid with evident dwarf plant habit
- Strong thick stems
- Good level of virus resistance
- Excellent setting ability
- Med-large size fruit with thick flesh
- Attractive red colour and very sweet
- Maturity 8-9 months after planting
- Weight 2 – 2.5kgs
- Deep red color, very sweet
- High yielding
- Globe and oblong shape
- It produces excellently for about 3 years (after this period, fruits size may decrease)
Resistances / Tolerances:
- Intermediate tolerance to Papaya Ring Spot Virus.
Health benefits of Pawpaw
- Helps Weight Loss: One medium sized papaya contains just 120 calories. It also has a considerable amount of dietary fibre that aids weight loss by promoting a feeling of fullness and controlling cravings.
- Boost Immunity: The immune system acts as a shield against various infections that can make one fall sick. A single papaya can fulfil more than 200% of your daily requirement of Vitamin C, making it great to build a stronger immune system.
- Good for Diabetics: Despite being sweet in nature, papayas are low in sugar content as well as glycemic index. This property makes papayas excellent fruits for diabetics.
- Great for Your Eyes: Papayas are rich in Vitamin A and flavonoids like beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, cyptoxanthin and lutein which keep the mucus membranes in the eyes healthy, preventing them from damage.
- Protects Against Arthritis: Eating papayas are good for your bones as they have anti-inflammatory properties along with Vitamin C which helps in keeping various forms of arthritis at bay.
- Improves Digestion: Papaya has a digestive enzyme known as papain along with fibre which helps improve digestive health.
- Helps Ease Menstrual Pain: Papaya has as an enzyme called papain that helps in regulating and easing flow during menstrual periods.
- Prevents Signs of Ageing: Papaya is rich in vitamin C, vitamin E and antioxidants like beta-carotene which helps prevent the skin from free radical damage thus keeping wrinkles and other signs of ageing at bay.
- Promotes Hair Growth: Apart from keeping the skin healthy, papayas are very effective for maintaining healthy hair. Vitamin A in them is utilised in production of sebum, a compound that is crucial for keeping the hair smooth, shiny and moisturised.
- Prevents Cancer: Papaya is a rich source of antioxidants, phytonutrients and flavonoids that prevent the cells from undergoing free radical damage.
500 seeds, 100 seeds