Pirifos is an emulsifiable concentrate insecticide for the control of pests in certain crops.
Active Ingredient: Chlorpyrifos 480 g/ℓ [Organophosate]
Targeted pest: Aphids, borers, mealy bugs, mites, thrips, beetle, borers, cutworm, boll worm, moths, looper, ants, caterpillar, cricket, wire worm.
Crops: Citrus, banana, apple, ornamental, dry beans, maize, grain sorghum, wheat, wine and table grapes, potatoes, lettuces, carrots, tomatoes, pastures, tobacco, lawns, pears, peaches, apricot and many more.
Withholding periods: Minimum time between last application and harvest or feeding.
Apples 40 days
Citrus 60 days
Carrots, Lettuce 21 days
Tobacco 50 days
Pastures 14 days
Grain sorghum, Dry beans, Wheat and Maize 32 days
Wheat and maize (for grazing) 35 days
Cabbage, Brusselsprouts, Potatoes, Cauliflower & Broccoli 7 days
Bananas, Grapes 28 days
Tomatoes 4 days
Mode of Application:
Apply as a light cover spray. Use higher dosage rate where heavy
- To delay insecticide resistance:
- Avoid exclusive repeated use of insecticides from the same insecticide group code.
- Alternate or tank-mix with products from different insecticide group codes.
- Integrate other control methods (chemical, cultural, biological) into insect control programmes.
- Handle with care.
- Poisonous when absorbed through the skin, swallowed or inhaled.
- Toxic to fish, bees and wildlife.
- Do not store near open flame.
- Store away from food and feed stuffs
Package size: 250ml
Other Chlorpyrifos agrochemicals include: