Plastic vegetable transport crate is the worldwide acceptable packaging container for fresh farm produce, especially perishables such as tomatoes, peppers, onions, cucumber, etc., particularly for long-distance travel. Its advantages over the raffia/traditional basket in the reduction of post-harvest losses are huge. It is estimated that about 40% of post-harvest losses are attributable to these poor packaging and handling practices, with the use of these plastic vegetable transport crates you reduce your post-harvest loss during transit in tomatoes by 5%. The plastics are also designed to sit on one another rather than sit on the contents of the crates beneath. Some are designed to sit in one another when empty thereby reducing the space required to convey the crates for reuse. This will result in increased income/ revenue for the farmers.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using plastic vegetable transport crates:
- Durability: They are made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE), a strong and durable material that can withstand even the roughest handling. This makes them ideal for transporting heavy loads of produce, even over long distances.
- Stackability: They are stackable, which saves space in your truck or warehouse. This also makes them easier to load and unload.
- Easy to clean: Plastic vegetable transport crates are easy to clean with soap and water. This helps to prevent the spread of bacteria and other contaminants, which is essential for food safety.
- Hygienic: Plastic vegetable transport crates are made from food-grade HDPE, which means they’re safe for direct contact with food. This eliminates the need for liners, which can save you money and time.
- Versatility: Plastic vegetable transport crates can be used to transport and store a wide variety of vegetables, including tomatoes, potatoes, onions, carrots, lettuce, and more. They can also be used to transport other types of produce, such as fruits, flowers, and herbs.
How to Choose the Right Plastic Vegetable Transport Crates
When choosing plastic vegetable transport crates, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Size: Choose crates that are the right size for your needs. Consider the types of vegetables you’ll be transporting and the amount of space you have in your truck or warehouse.
- Weight capacity: Make sure to choose crates that have a weight capacity that is greater than the weight of the vegetables you’ll be transporting.
- Ventilation: Choose crates that have ventilation holes to allow for airflow. This will help to prevent your produce from spoiling.
- Stackability: Choose crates that are stackable to save space and make them easier to load and unload.
- Durability: Choose crates that are made from durable HDPE material. This will ensure that they can withstand even the roughest handling.
How to Use Plastic Vegetable Transport Crates
Here are a few tips for using plastic vegetable transport crates:
- Load the crates carefully: Avoid loading the crates too high or too tightly, as this can damage the vegetables.
- Stack the crates securely: When stacking the crates, make sure to stack them evenly and securely. This will prevent them from toppling over.
- Transport the crates carefully: When transporting the crates, be careful not to jolt or bump them too much. This can damage the vegetables.
- Clean the crates regularly: After each use, be sure to clean the crates with soap and water. This will help to prevent the spread of bacteria and other contaminants.
Advantages of Plastic Vegetable Crates
- As a strong, rigid crates these plastic crates can be used for many journeys, making the cost per journey relatively low
- Different sizes and shapes are available to suit different customers’ needs.
- Colours can be used for marketing purposes.
- The containers are easy to clean and disinfect.
- Plastic crates are strong and weather resistant and, because of their water resistance, the containers can be used in humid areas and during hydro-cooling.
- It helps to save cost in the long run
||600 X 400 X 280 mm