Platinum701 F1 Tomato Seeds from East-West Seeds is one of the highest yielding hybrid tomato seeds in Nigeria and other tropical areas. It has strong vigour and can resist a lot of diseases prevalent in tropical lowland and places with high humidity.
The product has a strong vigour and can withstand a lot of stress during the growing season and It can also perform well in the rainy season and dry season.
Features of Platinum 701 F1 Tomato Seeds
- A seeds product by East West Seeds Company
- Fruits are oval and firm.
- Excellent performance in tropical lowland and rainy season due to good fruit cracking tolerance.
- It can also perform well in the dry season.
- This tomato variety has oval shape fruits.
- Planted both in the rainy and dry season
Importance of growing Platinum 701 F1 Tomato Seeds
- Platinum F1 tomato variety has a strong vigour and withstands a lot of stress during the growing season.
- It is a very rugged tomato variety.
- It has a fast-growing habit. The first harvest from this variety could be as early as 60-70 days.
- The tomato fruit from this variety is medium in size and sells fast in the Nigerian market especially during the lean season.
- Platinum F1 tomato variety sets good fruits in very hot conditions. The heat set characteristic of this variety is good.
- This variety is tolerant and resistant to bacterial wilt, a disease that is prevalent in Nigeria especially the southern part of the country.
- It is resistant to tomato yellow leaf curl viral disease and other viral diseases prevalent during the dry season in Nigeria.
- This variety grows well in humid conditions, thereby suitable for cultivation in southern Nigeria where farmers dread to grow tomatoes.
How to grow Platinum 701 F1 Tomato Seeds
- Platinum F1 tomato seed needs a lot of water and nutrients. A drip irrigation system should be put in place before cultivating this variety for you to have a good yield and quality.
- With drip irrigation installed, you can use water efficiently and apply fertilizers, nematicides, and other pesticides efficiently.