Prices for point-of-lay birds changes from time to time. Kindly request a quote above to know the current price and make your booking/reservation.
Point-of-Lay means hens/ pullets which have matured to the stage when they should start laying eggs. The time it usually takes for a good laying breed of chicken to reach point of lay is between 16 – 20 weeks old. However, individual chickens can start laying earlier or several weeks later. Thus an early purchase enables the hens adapt to farm conditions and management practices.
- At 12 weeks old Point of Lay hens would have completed all the required vaccinations for their age subsequent vaccinations will be done by a trained veterinary doctor.
- They are raised under very conducive conditions and properly managed to ensure they deliver well on your farm.
- Most professionals advise new farmers to start chicken egg production with point-of-lay hens. That’s why we have really worked hard to ensure you have peace of mind as a new or old poultry farmer.
- At point-of-lay (16 weeks of age), the hens have scaled through the most difficult parts of raising chickens, after being raised by experienced professionals.
- Depending on how well you manage the chickens on your farm, we expect our point-of-lay birds to cross 50% egg production within 2 to 3 months and reach over 80% egg production or more within 4 to 5 months of collection from us.
- The main advantage of buying hens at the point of lay (besides getting your eggs earlier) is less cost in feed. The buyer can let the producer grow the bird to egg producing maturity rather than spending money on nurturing and specialist feed before the birds begin earning their keep.
- Kindly ‘Request a Quote’ above to get the current price from us and make your booking.