Potassium Nitrate Fertilizer (25Kg | Ivan Iperen Brand)
Potassium Nitrate Fertilizer (25Kg | Ivan Iperen Brand) Horticultural Grade is a highly pure Potassium fertilizer, which dissolves rapidly and completely. Its product is not sensitive to caking and is recommended during fruit or tuber development. The high level of Potassium plays an important role in achieving higher yields with optimal quality and affects overall plant performance. Furthermore, the presence of Nitrate Nitrogen has a positive effect on the uptake of Potassium in the plant and is crucial during fruit sizing.
Features of Van Iperen Potassium Nitrate
- Improves fruit quality, shelf life and increases plant drought resistance.
- Developed for fertigation in open fields and greenhouses. Also suitable for foliar application.
- Low on heavy metals.
- Low on Sodium and Chloride.
- Production process certified.
- Easy to handle, dissolve and apply.
Mentioned concentrations represent the number of nutrients in the stock solution. The final concentration in the irrigation water depends on the number of nutrients in the stock solution, the injection ratio and the number of nutrients used in the water.
In the case of foliar feeding as part of a mix with crop protection products, a compatibility test has to be done prior to preparing the spray mix.
The mentioned indicated dosages and application stages are given as a guideline. Exact dosages, concentration and application stage are subject to local conditions, use of other fertilizers and can only be given after an objective diagnosis.
Nutritional Advantage of Potassium Nitrate Fertilizer (25Kg | Ivan Iperen Brand)
- For greenhouse plant production and hydroponic culture. Both N and K are required by plants to support harvest quality, protein formation, disease resistance and water-use efficiency.
- Potassium nitrate in fertilizers is a source of nitrogen and potassium – two of the macronutrients for plants. When used by itself, it has an NPK rating of 13-0-44.
- Vegetables and other plants use a lot of potassium during their intense growth.
- Potassium also helps regulate the opening and closing of the stomata, which regulates the exchange of water vapour, oxygen, and carbon dioxide. The deficiency of vitamin K in the soil will cause stunted plant growth and reduced yield.
- Potassium is the third key nutrient of commercial fertilizers. It helps strengthen plants’ abilities to resist disease and plays an important role in increasing crop yields and overall quality. Potassium also protects the plant when the weather is cold or dry, strengthening its root system and preventing wilt.
- A plant lacking in potassium will show signs it in its leaves. Potassium-deficient plants will have brown or yellow edges along with their leaves.
- Growers fertilize with KNO₃ in conditions where a highly soluble, chloride-free nutrient source is. In such soils, all the N is immediately available for plant uptake as nitrate, requiring no additional microbial action and soil transformation.
- Growers of high-value vegetable and orchard crops sometimes prefer to use a nitrate-based source of nutrition to boost yield and quality.
- Potassium nitrate contains a relatively high proportion of K, with an N to K ratio of approximately one to three. Many crops have high K demands and can remove as much or more K than N at harvest.
- Apply KNO₃ to the soil before the growing season or as a supplement during the growing season. Spray a diluted solution on plant foliage to stimulate physiological processes or to overcome nutrient deficiencies.
- Foliar application of K during fruit development advantages some crops, since this growth stage, often coincides with high K demands during the time of declining root activity and nutrient uptake.
- For greenhouse plant production and hydroponic culture.
Application Management of Potassium Nitrate
- Plants require both K and N to support harvest quality, protein formation, disease resistance and water-use efficiency. Farmers often apply KNO₃ to soil or through the irrigation system during the growing season to support healthy growth.
- The relatively high solubility of KNO₃ under warm conditions allows for a more concentrated solution than for other common K fertilizers. However, farmers must carefully manage the water to keep the nitrate from moving below the root zone.
Other Fertilizers Single Super Phosphate (SSP) Fertilizer -50kg, Agrovert NPK 30:10:10 Foliar Fertilizer -1kg