Poultry nipple with cup drinker is one of the modern ways of serving water to chickens without having to carry water around in buckets. The nipple drinking system is fully automated and is probably the most widely used chicken drinking system used by modern poultry farmers. There are different variants of nipple drinkers.
How Poultry Nipple with Cup Drinker Works
The water is delivered to nipple drinking pipes from a header tank on top of the chicken house. As the chickens need water they will peck at the nipple and a drop of water is released. It is a fantastic method of giving your chickens water. A well designed nipple will not drip or give too much water – this prevents the shavings getting wet – which can cause problems with the health of your chickens.
This product require some maintenance – but the work involved in maintaining a nipple drinking system is a lot less work than filling buckets or cleaning out automatic drinkers.
Advantages of Poultry Nipple Cup with Drinker
Some advantages of the nipple drinking system or nipple drinkers are:
- It makes it easy to serve water to chickens.
- The product helps in saving additional space and accommodate more chickens.
- They help eases oral medication and vaccination of birds.
- It eases the management of poultry birds within a pen.
- If well-handled, it reduces the incidence of rapid wet litters.
- They make watering operation faster.
- The product can be used in both battery-cage and deep-litter production system.
- It involves low maintenance.
- It is quite resistant to bacterial growth.
- Durable and sturdy.
- Prevents water dripping on the floor, thereby keeping litter very dry.
Read more about other Agricultural or farming equipments at Farmsquare Nig