Prince F1 Cucumber Seeds (Royal Seeds Brand)
Prince F1 Cucumber Seeds is a hybrid seed produced by Royal Seeds Company. It is a very productive slicer cucumber with high-quality fruits.
Characteristics of Prince F1 Cucumber Seeds:
- Slicer cucumber
- Average fruit length 22 cm
- Very productive
- Dark green fruit with a good shelf life
- Powdery mildew resistant
- Good plant vigour
- High-quality fruit
- Maturity days of 50-70 days
Resistances / Tolerances:
- Powdery Mildew
- Cucumber mosaic
- Cucumber vein yellowing
Healthy Benefit of Cucumber
- Cucumbers are high in water, several important vitamins and minerals which provides the maximum amount of nutrients.
- Prevent the accumulation of harmful free radicals.
- Reduce the risk of chronic disease.
- Increase hydration.
- Aid in weight loss.
- May help lower blood sugar.
- Prevent diabetes-related complications
- Help prevent constipation and increase regularity.
- Cucumbers can be eaten fresh or pickled.
Sowing Guide for Cucumber from Seeds to Fruits
- Sow cucumbers into small pots of seed. Sow two seeds about an inch (3cm) deep, then water well.
- Cucumbers need a warm temperature to germinate. Once the seedlings appear, remove the weakest to leave one per pot.
- Outdoor cucumbers should be planted out when the soil has warmed.
- Cucumbers prefer rich, fertile soil, so dig in plenty of well-rotted organic matter such as compost before planting.
- If you’re growing your cucumbers upwards using supports such as trellis, set plants at about 45cm apart. If you’ll be leaving them to sprawl over the soil surface instead, plant them about 90cm apart.
- Pinch out the growing points after six leaves have formed to encourage plants to produce fruiting side shoots. Climbing cucumbers may need tying to vertical supports, particularly as the heavy fruits start to develop. Harvest cucumbers while they’re still small and tender. Cut them off plants using a sharp knife or pruners. Pick often to encourage more fruits and, if you can, harvest in the morning while it’s still cool.
NOTE: Another option for outdoor cucumbers is a cucumber frame.
To make one, stretch chicken wire or netting over a wooden frame and secure it into place with staples or U-shaped nails. Prop the frame up onto an A-frame made of bamboo canes.
Check out more Cucumber seeds HERE