Red ball F1 Cabbage Seeds -5g
Red Ball F1 has a very attractive shape and a very attractive colour. This red cabbage is very productive and has good behaviour in the fields.
It is a cabbage seeds from Technisem company. This variety was bred for intertropical locations and presents a high heat tolerance. It has a slightly earthy flavor
Cabbage is a nutritious, delicious vegetable gaining popularity over time. It adds flavor and color to a wide range of dishes and tastes similar to green cabbage. It an ornamental plant that adds color to your gardens.
Characteristics of Red Ball F1 Cabbage Seeds
- Round shape and good firmness head
- Average weight of 1.5 to 2kg
- Early maturity of 65 to 70 days from transplanting to harvesting
- Attractive red colour fruit
- High heat tolerance
Benefit of Cabbage
- Cabbage has a wide range of health benefits to offer though low in calories, is rich in nutrients and micronutrients.
- It also has various antioxidant properties that help to prevent heart disease, cancer and certain cell damage related health issues.
- Cabbage keeps the chronic inflammation in check and also helps in improving digestion.
- It is the perfect ingredient for your low calorie diet plan and can be consumed guilt free.
- They are an excellent addition to your garden both nourishment and appearance wise.
Growing Red Cabbage
The process of growing the cabbage is also not very complicated or complex. It can be planted indoors or outdoors as per your choice and convenience.
- Prepare a soil mixture and sow the seeds.
- The seeds should be exposed to the sun for longer duration and with temperatures ranging between 18 to 25 degree Celsius.
- It can be spaced at closer intervals with each other.
- Make sure that during the growing season you keep the soil moist and provide it with the right amount of fertilizers which will result successful germination of seeds
- Cabbage seems to be a magnet for some common pests and diseases.Plant onions, radishes, and nasturtiums near cabbage to help deter pests.
- Plant requires regular, even watering. Heavy mulch will help keep the soil cool and retain moisture.
- Cabbage is a heavy feeder – it depletes the soil quickly.
- Harvest before temperatures heat up. Harvest head cabbage when heads are well-formed and firm by cutting the base with a sharp knife.
- Begin harvesting leaf cabbage about a month after planting by harvesting the outer leaves using the cut-and-come-again method (harvest only the older outer leaves and allow the center of the plant to send out new leaves).
- Once the harvest is complete, remove the roots and stem to prevent soil-borne disease.
Other cabbage can be found Here