Tokyo F1 Cucumber (Technisem seeds)
Tokyo F1 Cucumber (Technisem seeds) is an improved slicing variety for outdoor and indoor culture. The fruit setting is high on the main stem and on ramifications as well. Fruits are attractive and dark green. Fruit quality is ensured thanks to multiple disease tolerances.
Features of Tokyo F1 Cucumber (Technisem seeds)
- Plant: Vigorous, short internodes, several ramifications
- Shape: straight and cylindrical
- Length: 18-20 cm
- Colour: Uniform dark green
- Fruit: Few spines
- Maturity: 50-55 days from transplantation to harvest
- Tolerances: Downy mildew, Powdery mildew.
Health benefit of Tokyo F1 Cucumber
- Promotes hydration and aiding in weight loss because they are low in calories and contain a good amount of water and soluble fibre.
- It reduces blood sugar level and helps reduce weight loss.
- All that water in cucumbers can help keep you hydrated.
- The fibre boosts helps you stay regular and avoid constipation because of the water in it.
- The vitamin K helps blood clot and keep your bones healthy.
- Helps with vision, the immune system, and reproduction. It also makes sure organs like your heart, lungs, and kidneys work the way they should because of the Vitamin A it has.
- Calories: 45
- Total fat: 0 grams
- Carbs: 11 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fibre: 2 grams
- Vitamin C: 14% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 62% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 10% of the RDI
- Potassium: 13% of the RDI
- Manganese: 12% of the RDI
Tokyo F1 Cucumber Cultivation
The most suitable soil type for growing cucumber is sandy loamy or sandy soils, because of faster absorption of heat than other soil types so the steps involved in planting cumber include:
- Clear and plough: Clear and plough the farmland where you intend to farm cucumber, remove all unwanted things on the farmland because the land should not contain trees or shrub. Note: that cucumber needs sunshine to grow very well, therefore they should be appropriately exposed to sunlight.
- Application of organic manure: Do this before making beds then you can apply pig, cow, or poultry droppings and allow for 3 days or more before planting.
- Include the drip irrigation system: Install drip irrigation systems especially if you are planting during the dry season, but there may not be a need for irrigation systems during the rainy seasons. Either way, have it in mind that cucumber requires enough water daily.
- Cover the beds with mulching films: Mulch to suppress weeds and conserve water in a cucumber field. The distance between one hole and the other should be about 40 – 50cm.
Consider our other seeds Murano 2 F1 Cucumber, Sina F1 Cucumber