Vanquish herbicide controls deciduous and coniferous brush species and broadleaf weeds in non-cropland areas such as roadsides, hydro, pipeline and railway rights-of-way, airports,
military bases, wasteland, and turf.
- If poisoning is suspected immediately, contact a physician.
- Take container, label or product name and Pest Control Product with you when seeking medical attention.
- If swallowed, call a doctor immediately for treatment advice.
- Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
- Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a doctor.
- Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
- If on skin or clothing, take off contaminated clothing.
- Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 – 20 minutes.
- If inhaled, move the person to fresh air. If the person is not breathing, call the hospital.
- Give artificial respiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth, if possible.
- If in eyes, hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Harmful if swallowed or absorbed through the skin.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothing.
- Applicators must wear coveralls over long pants, a long-sleeved shirt, and chemical-resistant gloves.
- Aerial applicators must wear long pants and a long-sleeved shirt.
- Aerial mixer/loaders must wear long pants and a long-sleeved shirt and chemical-resistant gloves.
- Toxic to aquatic organisms and non-target terrestrial plants.
- Observe buffer zones specified under DIRECTIONS FOR USE.
- Do not apply on or near desirable trees or plants, or in locations where the chemical may be washed into contact with their roots.
- Apply in the morning or late in the evening when the air temperature is between 10 and 25 °C for best results.
- Do not contaminate domestic or irrigation waters. Thoroughly clean application equipment after use.
Spray Drift Precautions
- Do not treat areas where downward movement into the soil or surface washing may bring Vanquish herbicide into contact with the roots of desirable plants.
- Avoid making applications where spray particles may be carried by air currents onto nearby sensitive crops.
- Do not spray near sensitive crops when winds are gusty or in
excess of 8 km/hour and moving towards sensitive crops.
- Leave an adequate buffer zone between areas to be treated and sensitive plants.
- Do not apply Vanquish herbicide in the vicinity of sensitive crops when the temperature on the day of application is expected to exceed 25 °C as drift is more likely to occur.
- Ensure that spray equipment used to apply VANQUISH herbicide is properly cleaned before reusing to apply any other chemicals.
- Avoid spraying under conditions of high humidity or fog to prevent drift to adjacent crops.
Directions of Use
- For high volume hand wand applications to non-crop areas, applicators must limit the volume of solution used per day to 400L (broadleaf control spot treatment only).
For field sprayer applications, do not apply during periods of dead calm. Avoid the application of this product when winds are
- Boom height must be 60 cm or less above the crop or ground.
- Do not apply this product directly to freshwater habitats (such as lakes, rivers, sloughs, ponds, prairie potholes, creeks, marshes, streams reservoirs, and wetlands), estuarine or marine
- Do not contaminate irrigation or drinking water supplies or aquatic habitats by cleaning of equipment or disposal of wastes.
- Prepare a tank-mix consisting of VANQUISH herbicide plus 2,4-D amine, 2,4-D L.V. ester or 2,4-D/2,4-DP herbicide.
- Apply VANQUISH herbicide tank-mixes in spring or early summer to coniferous and deciduous brush species (after the leaves have fully expanded).
- Stop applications at least 3 weeks prior to the change of leaf color in the fall.
- For best results and ease of application, cut brush or trees over 2m in height and treat re-growth when it develops.
- Vanquish herbicide will not mix with oils.
- Apply to foliage and stems to the point of runoff.
- Complete coverage is essential for effective control.
- The volume of spray per hectare will vary according to the height and density of the wood species present.
- Use of a tank-mix with 2,4-D L.V. ester herbicide may improve control of balsam poplar as well as other species when they are under drought stress, especially under periods of hot, dry weather.
Broadcast Ground Treatment
- Apply in sufficient diluent to wet all foliage.
- A water volume of 220-330 liters of water per hectare is recommended for brush stands.
Broadleaf Weed Control
- Vanquish herbicide can be used alone or in tank-mixes with 2,4-D amine or 2,4-D L.V. ester herbicide.
- Vanquish herbicide tank-mixes offer additional broadleaf weed control.
- Apply Vanquish herbicide in 110 to 220 liters of water per hectare when weeds are actively growing.
- For poison, ivy control uses 560 liters of water per hectare. Thorough coverage of foliage is necessary to control weeds.
- For control of a broader range of weeds, the recommended rate of Vanquish herbicide may be tank-mixed with 2,4-D amine (500 g/L) or 2,4-D ester (600 g/L) herbicide.
- Consult 2,4-D herbicide label regarding rates of application and weed species controlled.
Roadside Vegetation Control
- Vanquish herbicide can be used in a tank-mix with Roundup’ Herbicide for annual vegetation control on 1-2 meter wide roadside shoulders.
- Vanquish herbicide tank-mixes with Roundup and 2,4-D amine herbicide offer a broader spectrum of total control of roadside vegetation.
- Apply 1.25 – 2.5 L/ha of Vanquish herbicide in tank-mix with 0.75 – 1.0 L/ha of Roundup herbicide.
- Apply 0.30 L/ha of Vanquish herbicide in tank-mix with 1.2 L/ha of 2,4-D amine (500g/L formulation) and 0.75 -1.0 L/ha of Roundup herbicide.
Precautions of Using Vanquish
- Do not apply by air.
- Vanquish does not prevent weeds. Apply only when weeds are present.
- Vanquish works best when applied to the leaves of actively growing weeds.
- Do not apply more than two broadcast applications per season. This does not include spot treatments.
- If weed populations do not warrant a broadcast application (e.g. entire lawn), consider spot treatment that targets only weedy areas.
- Avoid the application of Vanquish when winds are gusty.
- Toxic to broadleaf terrestrial plants. It may harm other broadleaf plants in the vicinity of the treatment area.
- If applying this product using a handheld sprayer, do not directly spray or allow the spray to drift onto ornamentals or gardens.
- Do not apply to the exposed roots of trees and ornamentals.
- To prevent runoff, do not apply to driveways, sidewalks or any other hard surface.
- Do not irrigate within 24 hours of application.
- Vanquish herbicide can be used alone or in a tank-mix with 2,4-D amine or 2,4-D L.V. ester herbicide.
- Vanquish herbicide tank-mixes offer additional broadleaf weed control and are particularly effective against dandelion and plantain.