Vcnor (Vitamin C + Citric acid) is a balanced combination of Vitamin C and Citric Acid used in poultry. It helps to strengthen the body’s natural immune system and prevent heat stress after and during transportation.
Heat stress is caused by a combination of high ambient temperature and humidity, which obstructs proper thermoregulation. It reduces immunity, feed intake, weight gain, egg production, number of chicks per hen, fertile egg hatchability, egg and carcass quality, and mineral balance, and increases panting and mortality in male birds, as well as affecting semen quality and fertility.
In birds, vitamin C improves immunity, feed intake, weight gain, oxidative stress, rectal and body temperature, fertility and semen quality, carcass weight, and mortality caused by heat stress. Citric acid is often used to enhance growth by acidifying the gastrointestinal contents, enhancing nutritional digestibility, and lowering pathogen burdens.
Benefits of Vcnor for Poultry
Vcnor offers a wide range of benefits for poultry, including:
- Improved growth and performance: Vcnor can help poultry to grow faster and reach their market weight sooner. This is because vitamin C and citric acid are both involved in important metabolic processes, such as energy production and tissue repair.
- Reduced stress susceptibility: Vcnor can help poultry to cope with stress more effectively. Stress can have a negative impact on poultry health and performance, so it is important to minimize stress as much as possible. Vitamin C and citric acid are both antioxidants, which can help to protect cells from damage caused by stress.
- Enhanced immune system function: Vcnor can help to boost the immune system of poultry. Vitamin C is essential for the production of white blood cells, which play a vital role in fighting off infection. Citric acid also has antimicrobial properties, which can help to prevent the spread of disease.
- Improved meat quality: Vcnor can help to improve the quality of poultry meat. Vitamin C helps to improve the color and texture of meat, while citric acid helps to reduce the formation of bacteria.
How to Use Vcnor in Poultry
Vcnor can be administered to poultry in a variety of ways, including:
- In the feed: Vcnor can be added to the feed of poultry at a rate of 0.5-1.0 kg per ton of feed.
- In the drinking water: Vcnor can be added to the drinking water of poultry at a rate of 1-2 liters per 1000 liters of water.
- By injection: Vcnor can be injected into poultry at a rate of 0.5-1.0 ml per bird.
The specific dosage of Vcnor will vary depending on the age, breed, and health of the poultry. It is important to consult with a veterinarian or poultry nutritionist to determine the best dosage for your birds.
COMPOSITION OF VCNOR
- Vitamin C….100,000mg
- Citric acid….50,000mg
- Antioxidant, Anticaking and carriers.
INDICATIONS OF VCNOR
- Helps prevent heat stress.
- Treatment of stress caused by transportation, vaccination or high stock density.
- Increases growth rate and carcass quality.
- Helps to strengthen the natural immune system.
- Prevention of vitamin C deficiencies.
- Improves feed conversion rate.
In water: 1 gram to 2-4 litres of drinking water daily.
Orally via drinking water.
100-gram sachet presented as a water-soluble powder.