Cucumber Super Marketer Seeds
Cucumber Super Marketer which is an heirloom/Non-Hybrid variety are of bush habit, usually running no more than 18”, making them superior for small gardens, containers, or anywhere space is tight.
Features of Cucumber Super Marketer Seeds
- Produces extremely flavorful 9″ long dark green cucumbers.
- Excellent for slicing and salads.
- Perfect for any sized home garden (and market growers)
- Maturity: 55 to 60 days
- Resistance: Downy Mildew
- Fruits hold well on the plants, so avoiding the need for constant picking.
Health benefit of Cucumber Super Marketer
- Promotes hydration and aids in weight loss because it is low in calories and contains a good amount of water and soluble fibre.
- Reduces blood sugar level and helps reduce weight loss.
- Keep you hydrated because of all the water in cucumbers. Plus, helps keep the body regular and avoid constipation because of the fibre it possesses.
- Helps blood clot and keep your bones healthy because of the vitamin K in it.
- Contains Vitamin A which helps with vision, the immune system, and reproduction. It also makes sure, organs like your heart, lungs, and kidneys work the way they should.
- Carbs: 11 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fibre: 2 grams
- Vitamin C: 14% of the RDI
Cultivation of Cucumber Super Marketer
The most suitable soil type for growing cucumber is sandy loamy or sandy soils, because of faster absorption of heat than other soil types. The steps involved in planting cumber include:
- Clear and plough: Clear and plough the farmland where you intend to farm cucumber and remove all unwanted things on the farmland because the land should not contain trees or shrub. Note that cucumber needs sunshine to grow very well, therefore they should be appropriately exposed to sunlight.
- Application of organic manure: This should be done before making beds then you can apply pig, cow, or poultry droppings and allow for 3 days or more before planting.
- Include the drip irrigation system: Install drip irrigation systems especially if you are planting during the dry season. There may not be a need for irrigation systems during the rainy seasons. Either way, have it in mind that cucumber requires enough water daily.
- Cover the beds with mulching films: Mulching to suppress weeds and conserve water in cucumber production. The spacing between one and the other should be about 40 – 50cm.
Our other Cucumber seeds Sina F1 Cucumber, Murano 2 F1 Cucumber