Piquante F1 hybrid hot pepper shows strong plant vigour and a high fruit set. The seeds produce hot red pepper fruits and their shapes are slightly rectangular and highly uniform. The immature fruit is shiny bright green in colour and turns into deep bright red, when fully mature. Its pungency is high with an attractive aromatic taste.
Characteristics of the Piquante F1 Red Pepper
- The Piquante F1 has a maturity span of between 75 to 80 days
- The plant’s vigour is moderate.
- The fruit matures to an oblong-like shape
- The fruit matures to a length of between 4.3-4.5cm with 2.5-3.0cm in diameter.
- Its colour at immaturity is Green while when mature it turns to deep bright Red colour.
- It has a thick wall with a high pungency and strong aromatic taste, which makes it very productive.
- It is highly resistant to Tm and Cmv (cucumber Mosaic Virus).
Health Benefits of Eating Hot Peppers
- Hot peppers are beneficial against ulcers.
- They serve as anti-irritants to the alimentary tract.
- Hot peppers aid digestive issues such as healing an upset stomach, reducing intestinal gas, curing diarrhoea and acting as a natural remedy for cramps.
- It also enhances the circulatory system and prevents heart disease. Consumption of hot peppers can also lead to dilatation of blood vessels to aid in blood flow.
- It can also mitigate migraines and lessens body pains.
- It helps improves metabolism and aids weight loss.
- Hot pepper also fights against cancers.
- It also serves as a disinfectant to bad breathe out, improving the odour of your breath.