Maha F1 Okra Seeds(East-West Seed 10g)
Maha F1 Okra Seeds from east-west is a premium seed product which has compact plant habit with short internodes, resulting in an easily controllable plant. Leaves are relatively large pods, dark green in colour with a rather thick fleshly wall, resulting in heavy pods while still maintaining its tenderness.
Health benefit of Maha F1 Okra Seeds(East-West Seed)
- Okra seed oil is also a rich source of linoleic acid, a polyunsaturated fatty acid essential for human nutrition.
- Okra is “a perfect villager’s vegetable” because of its robust nature, dietary fibre, and distinct seed protein balance of both lysine and tryptophan amino acids.
- They are used on a small scale for oil production, their components greatly contribute to the nutritional and sensory value of almost all types of foods.
- Rich in nutrients. Okra boasts an impressive nutrient profile
- Contains beneficial antioxidants which help lower heart disease risk, anticancer properties, blood sugar.
- Okra is another reputed vegetable of love. Rich in magnesium, it’s a natural relaxant. It’s also full of iron, folate, zinc, and vitamin B, all nutrients that keep your sex organs healthy and happy.
- Several carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins, which play a vital role in human diet and health are abundant in okra
- It is rich in phenolic compounds with important biological properties like quartering and flavonol derivatives, catechin oligomers and hydroxycinnamic derivatives.
- It is also known for being high in antioxidants activity.
- Okra has several potential health benefits which reduce some of the important human diseases like cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, digestive diseases and some cancers.
Features of Maha F1 Okra Seeds(East West Seed)
- Resistance: Maha F1 Okra seeds have intermediate resistance to okra yellow mosaic virus.
- Maturity date: The harvesting period of this variety is 45-48 days.
- Shape: Broad
- Plant vigour: Strong
- Colour: Dark green
- Length: 12-14 cm
Growth habit of Maha F1 Okra Seeds
- In some ways, growing okra from seeds is easy because it tolerates poor soils, little moisture, and a range of soil pH readings.
- That tolerance extends to the kitchen, where it is a delicious addition to soups and can be fried or stewed.
- However, Maha F1 Okra is a demanding plant when it comes to heat and sunshine, It becomes vulnerable to pests and diseases if it’s too cool or shady, even for a short time.
Note: that okra won’t bear those wonderful seed pods without abundant heat and sunlight.
How to plant Maha F1 Okra Seeds
- Give okra plenty of room so they can grow properly.
- The plants often grow four to six feet tall and can spread just as far.
- Strategically plant the seeds so that the plants will be spaced 12 to 15 inches apart in rows at least three feet apart.
- Raw okra seeds can be difficult to germinate, so soak the seed overnight to encourage germination.
- You can encourage faster germination by covering rows with black plastic. This also encourages faster early growth.
How to care for your Maha F1 Okra Seeds
- Despite its reputation as a plant that will survive dry conditions, it still needs adequate watering so that it can produce succulent and more pods.
Note: that Okra seeds that grow on little water will produce tough pods and may be prone to afternoon wilt.
- Foliar fertilizer sprays are particularly effective and Liquid seaweed sprays can be applied two or three times during the season.
- Okra is also sensitive to weeds so keep your field well-weeded, especially when plants are young.
You can get our other okra Clemson Spineless, Prepana F1