Maridadi F1 Watermelon Seeds/25g/Dizengoff
Maridadi F1 watermelon seeds from Dizengoff are relatively early maturing watermelon seeds. It produces oval shape fruits that are uniform and each fruit weighs between 10 and 12kg. Maridadi watermelon fruits have an excellent sweet taste and are rich in vitamins.
Health Benefits of Watermelon
- It provides hydration and essential nutrients; including vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- The antioxidants present in watermelon help in the prevention of high blood pressure, obesity, etc.
- They have been studied to prevent cancer because of the presence of the antioxidant’s lycopene cucurbitacin E.
- They have anti-inflammatory compounds present in watermelon help prevent chronic diseases caused by inflammation.
- Helps to keep the eyes healthy because of the antioxidant lycopene.
- Several nutrients in watermelon are good for your hair and skin because they help keep skin supple while others protect against sunburn.
- It fibre content of watermelon aids digestion.
How to Plant Maridadi F1 Watermelon Seeds
- Plant from late spring to early summer once soil temperatures reach 70° F or above.
- Sow 8 to 10 seeds in a ridge, and push seeds 1 inch into the soil.
- Space ridge 3 to 4 feet apart, with at least 8 feet between rows.
- Keep soil free of weeds by shallow hoeing or with a layer of mulch.
- Space seeds 3 to 5 feet apart in nutrient-rich, well-drained soil with a pH of 6.0 to 6.8.
- Give plants a fabulous start to the growing season by improving native soil with several inches of aged compost or other rich organic matter.
- Consistent water supply is critical to growing huge flavorful watermelon; install a soaker hose or drip irrigation for best results. Avoid wetting the leaves.
- Keep them well-fed with a continuous supply of nutrients by using a slow-release fertilizer regularly because watermelons have huge appetites.
- Keep young melons off the ground with a bed of straw.
- Harvest watermelons when they turn from bright to dull green. They should sound hollow when you knock on them.
Consider also: Baroneza Rz F1 watermelon seeds, Grey Belle watermelon seeds, and Odyssey F1 watermelon seeds.