Marketmore Cucumber Seeds
Marketmore cucumbers Seeds are a very popular and productive cucumber variety with a very high production value and quality taste. Cucumber market more is traditional dark green slicing cucumber with a mild flavour and consistent cropping. One of the most popular varieties of cucumber, Marketmore cucumbers produces everything one is wanting from a traditional cucumber: mildly sweet, straight fruits with a dark green, protective skin. The fruits are up to 9” long and the plants produce over a long season, regardless of whether the weather is hot or cool. Highly disease-resistant and extremely reliable.
Marketmore cucumbers can be tolerant of a disease called cucumber mosaic virus. The virus is common and causes yellow rotting and stunts growth in a number of your plants and fruits. If you think the virus is attacking your cucumbers, you need to remove all infected plants and destroy them. DO NOT place the discarded plants in your compost pile as the virus may become a bigger problem.
Marketmore Cucumber Seeds
- Botanical Name: Cucumis sativus
- Days to Maturity: 60 days
- Family: Cucurbitaceae
- Native: Southern Asia
- Hardiness: Frost-sensitive annual
- Plant Dimensions: 4’–6′ vines
- Variety Information: 6″–8″ long, 1 ½”–2″ thick fruits with dark green, smooth, medium weight skin.
- Type: Monoecious, slicing cucumber
- Fruits grow 8″-9″ long and 2″ across.
- Smooth and dark green skin.
- This is one of our best-selling cucumber varieties.
- Easy to grow.
- Excellent flavor.
Generally, grow cucumbers where a long, warm growing season, minimum of 65 days, can be assured. Plant cucumber seeds where there is ample space and vines can sprawl.
- When to Sow Outside: 1 to 2 weeks after your average last frost date, and when soil temperature is at least 60°F, ideally 70°–90°F.
- When to Start Inside: 2 to 4 weeks before your average last frost date. Cucumbers are sensitive to root disturbance, sow in biodegradable pots.
- Days to Germinate: 5–10 days.
- Seed Planting Depth: ½”
- Seed Spacing: A group of 2 seeds every 12″
- Row Spacing: 36″
- Thinning: When 3 leaves, thin to 1 plant every 12″
- Harvesting: Overly mature cucumbers on the vine will slow the production of new cucumbers. Cut the stem rather than pulling at the fruit, as stems are fragile. To increase the quality and storage time, once picked, immediately immerse in cold water to disperse “field heat”.
Health benefit of Marketmore Cucumber
- Cucumbers are low in calories and contain a good amount of water and soluble fiber, making them ideal for promoting hydration and aiding in weight loss.
- It reduces blood sugar levels and helps reduce weight loss.
- All that water in cucumbers can help keep you hydrated. Plus, the fiber boost they give you helps you stay regular and avoid constipation.
- Vitamin K helps blood clot and keep your bones healthy.
- Vitamin A has many jobs, like helping with vision, the immune system, and reproduction. It also makes sure organs like your heart, lungs, and kidneys work the way they should.
- Calories: 45
- Total fat: 0 grams
- Carbs: 11 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Vitamin C: 14% of the RDI
More seeds to consider Monalisa F1 Hybrid Cucumber Seeds (East-West Seeds Brand), Mydas RZ F1 Hybrid Cucumber Seeds (100 | 1000 Seeds)
Per 100g, 500g