Padma 108 F1 Hybrid Tomato Seeds (East West Seeds Brand)
Padma 108 F1 Hybrid Tomato Seeds (East West Seeds Brand) is a determinate tomato hybrid variety with good adaptation to warm and humid growing conditions. It is suitable for both fresh and processing.
Features of Padma 108 F1 Tomato Seeds
- Origin: Thailand
- Variety: Padma F1
- Maturity days: 60 to 65 days.
- Plant vigor: Moderate
- Shape: High round
- Firmness: Firm
- Seed pack: 5gram pack.
- Resistance: Hr: ToMV, Fol 2, Vd, Ir: BW.
- Potential yield: 75 tonnes per hectare with good agronomic practices (GAP).
- It has an excellent performance in the tropical lowland rainy season.
Health benefits of Padma 108 F1 Tomato
- Many health benefits have been attributed to tomatoes, and many of these can be linked with the high antioxidants, vitamin and mineral composition of the fruit.
- It also promotes good eye health because they are high in vitamin A, which is known to protect the retina and cornea. As well as this, it also contains a flavonoid called zea-xanthin, which helps the eye to filter harmful UV rays.
- High in vitamin C, they can help to boost the immune system, giving your body extra protection against colds and other viruses.
- contains the major dietary source of the antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer.
- They are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
- It contains Potassium an essential mineral, so helps prevent blood pressure and heart disease
- Calories: 18
- Water: 95%
- Protein: 0.9 grams
- Carbs: 3.9 grams
- Sugar: 2.6 grams
- Fibre: 1.2 grams
- Fat: 0.2 grams
Steps in Growing Padma F1 Tomatoes
- Sprinkle the seed thinly onto good quality seed compost. Cover with 1.5mm of compost and water lightly with a watering can.
- Sow two seeds into a 7.5cm pot. Keep the compost moist but be careful not to overwater as wet conditions can encourage “damping-off” disease and other mold problems.
- After germination, remove the smaller plant.
- Pot-on the tomato seedlings as soon as they are big enough to handle. Hold the plants by the leaves.
- Taking care not to touch the stems, transplant them into 7.5cm pots. Protect the plant from frost, cold winds, droughts, etc.
- If you want to grow them outside, plant tomatoes about 45cm apart leaving 75cm between the rows
Other Hybrid Tomato Sahara F1, MaximF1