Plastic vegetable transport crate is the worldwide acceptable packaging container for fresh farm produce, especially perishables such as tomatoes, peppers, onions, cucumber etc. particularly for long distance travel. Its advantages over the raffia/traditional basket in the reduction of post-harvest losses are huge. It is estimated that about 40% of post-harvest losses are attributable to these poor packaging and handling practices, with the use of these plastic vegetable transport crates you reduce your post harvest loss during transit in tomatoes by 5%. The plastics are also designed to sit on one another rather than sit on the contents of the crates beneath. Some are designed to sit in one another when empty thereby reducing the space required to convey the crates for reuse. This will result in increase income/ revenue for the farmers.
Advantages of Plastic Vegetable Crates
- As a strong, rigid crate these plastic crates can be used for many journeys, making the cost per journey relatively low
- Different sizes and shapes are available to suit different customers needs.
- Colours can be used for marketing purposes.
- The containers are easy to clean and to disinfect.
- Plastic crates are strong and weather resistant and, because of their water resistance, the containers can be used in humid areas and during hydro-cooling.
- It help to save cost in the long run
||600 X 400 X 280 mm