VENDOR GUIDELINES CHANGES
Any major change regarding the below guidelines that impacts the vendor operating model will be communicated via Email to vendors. Vendors are required to keep the registered email up to date in Vendor Center (Vendor Dashboard >> Settings >> Profile >> Email Address).
Farmsquare has set up a clear and transparent commission structure, based on the category of products offered by the vendors. This commission structure can be reviewed on Vendor Center (Vendor Commissions).
- PRODUCT CREATION GUIDELINES
The vendor is responsible for creating products on Vendor Center, as well as uploading pictures and content that meet Farmsquare’s expectations. Farmsquare team will review and quality check each product to ensure they are compliant with Farmsquare’s expectations. A product will not go live unless it meets all requirements.
Image Guidelines & Resizing Tool
- You can upload up to 8 images for each product in JPEG and PNG formats.
- Maximum file size is 1MB.
- Top Image will be the main image of your product.
- Below Images should be the gallery product.
- Watermarked images are not allowed
- Background of the product should should be preferably white.
- Image size should always be 680×850 pixels.
- PACKAGING GUIDELINES + SANCTIONS
Farmsquare will check all packaging practices of each vendor before shipping. If the products packaged by the vendor and received by FARMSQUARE are not following the guidelines, item can be repackaged by Farmsquare.
Package must not show any sign of usage of any visible damage. As a consequence, if more than 2 (two) times in one month, the orders received by FARMSQUARE from the vendor are not well packaged, Farmsquare may charge a penalty to the vendor. Vendors are responsible for providing adequate packaging for their products. Adequate packaging will protect the item during the entire delivery and return to vendor process. If the Farmsquare-branded packaging is not sufficient to protect the item, the vendor must supply additional packaging, such as bubble wrap, a larger box, or space fillers. All items that may be crushed during the delivery process must be packed in a carton, rather than flyers. If an item is too small for the carton provided, the vendor must fill the empty space with a filler material.
- RETURN GUIDELINES
Return to Vendor / Return to Inventory
Once a delivery is failed and the product is untouched by the customer, it would be sent back to the Vendor. If the package has been opened by our customer, it will be retrieved and sent to Farmsquare, where it will be quality checked and returned into our inventory.
The Farmsquare team processes items for return to vendors on a daily basis. Vendors should only come to Farmsquare office to pick-up return items, if they have received a confirmation email from the Farmsquare team.
The confirmation email would include the number of items processed for pick up & the scheduled date. It is your responsibility to ensure that the list of items given to you in the office, matches the list received in the confirmation sent to you.
Once the vendor has received a confirmation email that items have been processed for return pick-up, the vendor has 21 days to pick-up these items or the items will be considered forfeited by the vendor. Please ensure the email information provided in Vendor Center is up to date to avoid missing important return-to-vendor communication.
- PAYMENT TERMS CONDITIONS AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
All vendors will receive weekly payments for items set to be delivered within 7 days of the payout day. Every vendor on farmsquare.ng will be allocated a business day of the week, from Monday to Friday, for payments. If you are, for instance, a Vendor with Friday as an allocated payout day, you will receive payment for items set to be delivered during the period 7 days prior to the payout day. For example, the payment made on Tuesday, March 24th will be for all items set to be delivered between March 17th and March 23rd.
SALES AND ORDER REGULATIONS
Farmsquare has set high operational expectations for all vendors joining on the platform.
Behaviour leading to Charges:
If the vendor does not respect the contract terms, it will be charged as per below structure:
- Cancelled items: All orders cancelled before an item is shipped due to vendor error will be considered out of stock and will be charged a Fee.
- Late Shipment: All orders set for shipping after the required timeline of 24 hours will be charged a Late Fulfillment Fee.
- Returns: All items returned by the customer due to a vendor-related issue, such as incomplete item, defective product, counterfeit product, or missing item, will be charged a fee.
Farmsquare will charge fees as per the below levels:
- Cancellation:2 X Standard Commission value.
- Late Shipment: Standard Commission value.
- VENDOR DELISTING DUE TO COUNTERFEITS
Products offered to our customers MUST be authentic as Farmsquare has ZERO tolerance for the sale of fake products, including any products that have been illegally replicated, reproduced, or manufactured.
- 50,000 Naira fine on first occurrence of detection of a listed replica or fake.
- 50,000 Naira fine on second occurrence of detection of a listed replica or fake.
- On the third occurrence, the vendor will be delisted and barred indefinitely from the platform.