Espartano F1 Yellow Sweet Pepper Seeds: A High-Yielding Hybrid for Your Garden
Espartano F1 Yellow Sweet Pepper Seeds are a popular choice for home gardeners and commercial growers alike. This hybrid variety is known for its early maturity, high yields, and large, blocky fruits. The peppers turn from green to bright yellow when ripe and have a sweet and mild flavor.
Features and Benefits
- Early maturity: Espartano F1 peppers are ready to harvest in just 42-45 days from sowing, making them one of the earliest sweet pepper varieties available.
- High yields: Espartano F1 plants are prolific producers of large, blocky peppers. A single plant can produce up to 100 peppers per season.
- Disease resistance: Espartano F1 peppers are resistant to a number of common diseases, including tobacco mosaic virus.
- Adaptability: Espartano F1 peppers can be grown in a variety of climates and soil conditions. They are particularly well-suited for growing in hot and humid weather.
Benefits of Growing Espartano F1 Yellow Sweet Peppers
- Nutrition: Sweet peppers are a good source of vitamins A and C, as well as potassium and dietary fiber.
- Versatility: Sweet peppers can be eaten fresh, cooked, or canned. They are a popular ingredient in salads, stir-fries, soups, and stews.
- Beauty: Sweet pepper plants are attractive additions to the garden, with their colorful fruits and glossy foliage.
How to Grow Espartano F1 Yellow Sweet Peppers
Espartano F1 sweet peppers are easy to grow, even for beginners. Here are a few tips:
- Start seeds indoors 6-8 weeks before the last frost date. Transplant seedlings outdoors after the soil temperature has warmed to at least 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Space plants 18-24 inches apart in full sun.
- Amend the soil with compost or manure before planting.
- Water regularly, especially during hot weather.
- Fertilize every few weeks with a balanced fertilizer.
- Harvest peppers when they are fully ripe and have turned bright yellow.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Espartano F1 Sweet Peppers
- Mulch around the plants to help retain moisture and suppress weeds.
- Cage or stake the plants to provide support and prevent the fruits from touching the ground.
- Hand-pollinate the flowers to improve the fruit set.
- Pick the peppers regularly to encourage the plant to produce more fruits.
KIND: F1 hybrid pepper (Capsicum L.)
TYPE: Blocky, Espartano F1 hybrid .
MATURITY: 60 to 70 days.
FRUIT DIMENSIONS: Approximately 10 x 10 cm (app. 250 – 270 g)
FRUIT SHAPE: Large blocky – blocky
FRUIT WALL: Thick
SMOOTHNESS: Smooth surface with medium shallow lobes. Shoulders can be medium deep.
FRUIT COLOUR: Shinning yellow heavy fruits.
PLANT TYPE: Medium compact
DISEASE REACTION (SCIENTIFIC): Sweet pepper Seeds Yellow are highly resistant to the Tobacco Mosaic Virus.
PRODUCTION: Under protection(Greenhouse) and open field.
Open field: 20,000 – 30,000 plants per hectare . Under protection: 2 – 2.3 stems per m².
USE: Pre-packing and bulk packaging techniques.
SPECIAL FEATURES: Large fruit which turns from dark green to bright yellow…
Choose from these other sweet peppers…