Hold-down support for drip irrigation is designed to hold down drip tape and poly pipes to prevent them from being moved accidentally by people or animals. It is easy to push into the ground and suitable for all drip tape and poly pipe sizes. It is made of durable and long-lasting PE (polyethylene) materials.
To install a hold down support, the following steps should be taken:
- Select the appropriate type of hold-down support for the application. This will depend on the size and weight of the pipe, the amount of vibration that the pipe is subject to, and the desired amount of restraint.
- Determine the location of the hold-down support. The support should be located at a point where the pipe is most likely to move upwards, such as near a compressor or pump.
- Install the hold-down support. For anchor-type supports, the support should be bolted to a structural member. For arrestor-type supports, the support should be bolted to the pipe itself.
- Tighten the bolts on the hold down support. The bolts should be tightened to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Inspect the hold down support regularly to ensure that it is in good condition. The bolts should be checked for tightness and the support should be checked for signs of wear or damage.
Here are some additional tips for using hold-down supports:
- Use the correct size of hold-down support for the pipe.
- Make sure that the hold-down support is installed in a location where it will not interfere with other piping or equipment.
- Tighten the bolts on the hold-down support to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Inspect the hold-down support regularly to ensure that it is in good condition.
Characteristics/Benefits of Hold-Down Support