Kaolack Watermelon Seeds | Pop Vriend
Kaolack Watermelon seeds are produced from Pop vriend company. Its plant possess a medium-strong vigour and good cover.
It is the most popular variety in Nigeria. Kaolack performs best in rich light well drained soil.
- Early maturity, 80-85 days after transplanting.
- Medium-strong plant vigour with good cover.
- Fruit rind is light grey green with darker stripes.
- Flesh is dark pink, fine and crisp structure, very sweet.
- Estimated yield per ha is 30-50 tonnes.
- Tolerances to Anthracnose.
- It performs outstanding in a variety of growing condition.
Benefits Of Cucumber.
- Contains nutrient and beneficial plant compounds.
- Helps hydrate.
- Contains compounds that may help prevent cancer.
- Improve heart health.
- Lower inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Help relieve muscle soreness.
- Improve digestion.
Guide In Growing Cucumber
Watermelons are surprisingly easy to grow as long as the plants have plenty of room to spread, good drainage, lots of sunlight, and a sufficiently long growing season.
It needs a location that receives 8 to 10 hours of sunlight per day.
- Work plenty of compost or organic slow-release fertilizer into the top few inches of soil.
- Mound the soil into small hills spaced 8′ to 10′ apart, less for compact varieties.
- Cover the hills with black plastic to increase soil temperature, maintain moisture, control weeds and speed growth.
- Make a slit in the black plastic with 60*150 cm spacing for planting within rows while 120*170 cm for between rows
- Press four watermelon seeds in 2.5*5 average planting depth into each hill.
- Cover the seeds with soil and water them.
- With 8 days approximately days to emergence, thin to just two plants per hill.
- Watermelons are heavy drinkers and feeders. The plants require a lot of water and regular applications of fertilizer.
- If not using black plastic, add a thick layer of mulch around plants to conserve moisture and keep down weeds.
- To protect the young plants from cucumber beetles, many farmers cover them with floating row covers. These covers must be removed when flowers appear to allow pollination.
- Watermelons typically require 80 to 85 days to reach maturity.
- Signs that the fruit is ready for harvest include stopping of growth, yellowing underside, and shrivelling of the stem at the base of the fruit.
- To harvest the melon, snip the stem from the vine with shears.
Per 100g, Per 500g